List of famous stage managers, with photos, bios, and other information when available. Who are the top stage managers in the world? This includes the most prominent stage managers, living and dead, both in America and abroad. This list of notable stage managers is ordered by their level of prominence, and can be sorted for various bits of information, such as where these historic stage managers were born and what their nationality is. The people on this list are from different countries, but what they all have in common is that they're all renowned stage managers.
A list made up of people like John Stewart and Harold Prince.From reputable, prominent, and well known stage managers to the lesser known stage managers of today, these are some of the best professionals in the stage manager field. If you want to answer the questions, "Who are the most famous stage managers ever?" and "What are the names of famous stage managers?" then you're in the right place.
Harold PrinceHarold Smith Prince (born Harold Smith; January 30, 1928 – July 31, 2019) was an American theatrical producer and director associated with many of the best-known Broadway musical productions of the 20th century. Over the span of his career, he garnered 21 Tony Awards, more than any other individual, including eight for directing, eight for producing the year's Best Musical, two as Best Producer of a Musical, and three special awards.... more on Wikipedia
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States of America
- Egbert Warnderink "E. W." Swackhamer Jr. (January 17, 1927 – December 5, 1994) was an American television and film director.Swackhamer's credits included M*A*S*H, L.A. Law, Murder, She Wrote, Bewitched, The Partridge Family and The Flying Nun. Of the 27 pilots for television series directed by Swackhamer, 18 went into regular production, including Law & Order, Eight Is Enough, Quincy, M.E., S.W.A.T. and Nancy Drew. Swackhamer was the stage manager for the original Broadway production of Cat on a Hot Tin Roof. He went to Hollywood in 1961, after working on and off-Broadway and for national companies as an actor, stage manager and director. Swackhamer received an Emmy Award for directing the... more on Wikipedia
- Birthplace: Middletown, New Jersey
- John Stewart is an American TV producer. He's also the father of actress Kristen Stewart. His wife, Jules Mann-Stewart (mother of Kristen) is a script supervisor and director. Father of Kristen Stewart and Cameron Stewart. TV producer and a stage manager.... more on Wikipedia
Henry GuettelHenry Guettel is a theatrical producer and stage manager.... more on Wikipedia
- Birthplace: Kansas City, Missouri