Here is a list of all Super Mario characters to have ever appeared in a Mario game to vote on. In fact, many of these characters from the Mario universe have also appear in other Nintendo games, such as Smash Brothers and Super Mario All-Stars. Some of these Mario characters have also appeared in non-gaming properties such as Mario TV shows. If you're looking at a comparison of Mario games, then you'll want to check out our list of the best Mario games ranked.
This list of Mario characters includes Mario characters, princesses, and villains, with pictures where available. Aside from Mario and Luigi, there are many other main characters that fans love. Even the ever-silent Yoshi, one of the most popular Mario game characters, is included on this comprehensive list.
Some of these Super Mario Bros characters have been around for decades, other Mario character names you may not be familiar with, but we have them here looking good in their Mario character pictures. So you will get to see the Mario characters names and pictures.
- 6,3511,277Bowser, is a video game character and the main antagonist of Nintendo's Mario franchise. In Japan, the character bears the title of Daimaō. In the United States, the character was first referred to... more
- 7,2291,467Mario is a fictional character in the Mario video game franchise by Nintendo, created by Japanese video game designer Shigeru Miyamoto. Serving as Nintendo's mascot and the eponymous protagonist of... more
- 5,4481,189Bowser Jr., or sometimes simply Jr., is a video game character who appears in Nintendo's Mario franchise as a recurring major antagonist. As his name implies, he is the son of the series' main... more
- 1,6651,200Birdo, known in Japan as Catherine, is a fictional character in the Mario franchise. Her first appearance was as an enemy to Mario in Yume Kōjō: Doki Doki Panic, which was localized for English... more
- 3,5223,753Luigi is a fictional character featured in video games and related media released by Nintendo. Created by prominent game designer Shigeru Miyamoto, Luigi is portrayed as the slightly younger but... more
- 4,1283,895Yoshi or, once romanized as Yossy, full name T. Yoshisaur Munchakoopas, Plural: Yoshis, is a fictional anthropomorphic dinosaur who appears in video games published by Nintendo. He debuted in Super... more
- 1,5141,331Wart, also known as King Wart and in Japan as Mamu, is a fictional character from Nintendo. He is an anthropomorphic frog king who debuted as the main antagonist and final boss of two Nintendo games:... more
- 2,5073,719Toad, known in Japan as Kinopio, is a fictional character who primarily appears in Nintendo's Mario franchise. Created by Japanese video game designer Shigeru Miyamoto, he is portrayed as a citizen... more
- 1,5331,423Fawful, known in Japan as Gerakobits, is a fictional character in the Mario & Luigi series of role-playing video games developed by AlphaDream. The character is considered to be "insane," often... more
- 2,3773,055Wario is a character in Nintendo's Mario series who was designed as an antagonist to Mario. He first appeared in the 1992 Game Boy title Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins as the main antagonist and... more
- 1,9693,826Donkey Kong is an anthropomorphic mountain gorilla appearing in the Donkey Kong and Mario video game franchises. A popular character, he has appeared in many video games. Donkey Kong was Mario's... more
- 1,7733,887Waluigi is a fictional character in the Mario franchise. He plays the role of Luigi's rival and nemesis and accompanies Wario in spin-offs from the main Mario series, often for the sake of causing... more
- 1,9873,935Princess Peach is a character in Nintendo's Mario franchise. Originally created by Shigeru Miyamoto, Peach is the princess of the fictional Mushroom Kingdom, which is constantly under attack by... more
- 1,6343,834Princess Daisy is the princess of Sarasaland, who first appeared in the game Super Mario Land. She was created by Gunpei Yokoi, Shigeru Miyamoto's mentor. Although Daisy is the ruler of Sarasaland,... more
- 1,5763,908The Koopalings, are a group of seven fictional, childlike characters in the Mario video game franchise by Nintendo. Their individual names are Iggy, Larry, Lemmy, Ludwig, Morton, Roy, and Wendy.... more