Popular in Japan, the TurboGrafx-16 Entertainment SuperSystem produced a ton of great games during its run, including fantasy games, casino games, sports games and adventure games, among others. What are the best Turbografx-16 games?
TurboGrafx-16 games were produced by a number of top developers such as Hudson Soft and Namco, and primarily distributed to gamers around the world by NEC. The game console, produced by a collaboration between Hudson Soft and NEC, was sold between 1987 and 1995, moving 10 million units worldwide.
In addition to working with the Hudson Soft HuCard media cards, the TurboGrafx-16, with a special add-on, also worked with CD-ROM media, making it a fierce competitor with the Sega Mega Drive.
Despite the advanced hardware, which set a Guinness World Record for it's small size, the TurboGrafx-16 video game console could not compete with the top names available for the Nintendo Entertainment System and was phased out completely by the mid 1990s.
- 7424Blazing Lazers, known in Japan as Gunhed, is a 1989 sci-fi shoot 'em up video game developed... more
- 5712Ninja Spirit, known in Japan as Saigo no Nindou, is a 1988 platform arcade game developed and... more
- 6318Bonk's Revenge is a 2D platformer set in prehistory, originally for the TurboGrafx 16 console,... more
- 6118Air Zonk is a video game, a side-scrolling shooter released for the TurboGrafx 16 console in... more
- 477Soldier Blade is a scrolling shooter video game released for the TurboGrafx-16 system. It is... more
- 5414Devil's Crush is a pinball video game developed by NAXAT Soft for the TurboGrafx-16 and... more
- 5319Bonk's Adventure is a 2D platform video game developed by Red Company and Atlus that was... more
- 4210The Legendary Axe II, originally released in Japan as Ankoku Densetsu, is a horizontal... more
- 4516Neutopia is an overhead action-adventure video game developed by Hudson Soft. It was released... more
- 4314Cadash is a sword and sorcery video game which combines elements of both the role-playing... more
- 4314Bloody Wolf, released in Europe as Battle Rangers, is a run and gun arcade game released by... more
- 379Dungeon Explorer is an action role-playing game released for the PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16 in... more
- 4820Splatterhouse is a 1988 beat 'em up slasher arcade game developed and published by Namco. It... more
- 4215R-Type is a side scrolling shoot-em-up arcade game produced by Irem in 1987. The player... more
- 348Bomberman '93 is a video game in the Bomberman series. It was released on the PC Engine on... more
- 4015Alien Crush is a pinball video game developed by NAXAT Soft for the PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16.... more
- Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap is a platforming and action-adventure video game developed... more
- 307Ordyne is a horizontal scrolling shooter arcade game, which was released by Namco in 1988 only... more
- 298New Adventure Island is a side-scrolling platform game by Hudson Soft originally released for... more
- 3111Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu is an action platform video game developed by Now Production and... more
- 287Super Star Soldier is a scrolling shooter video game developed by Kaneko and originally... more
- 2810Galaga '88 is a 1987 fixed shooter arcade game by Namco. It is the third sequel for Galaxian.... more
- 3117China Warrior, known in Japan as The Kung Fu, is a horizontal beat'em up video game created in... more
- 2814Bonk 3: Bonk's Big Adventure is an action video game developed by Red Company and published... more
- 3121Keith Courage in Alpha Zones is a 1989 science fantasy action platform video game by Hudson... more