List of Louis Kahn buildings, listed alphabetically with photos when available. Most, if not all prominent Louis Kahn architecture appears on this list, including houses, churches and other structures where applicable. This list contains information like what city the structure can be found in, and when it was first opened to the public. If you want to find out even more about these famous Louis Kahn buildings you can click on the building names to get additional information.
This list contains buildings like Kimbell Art Museum and Yale University Art Gallery.This list answers the questions, "What buildings did Louis Kahn design?" and "What do Louis Kahn structures look like?"
- The Esherick House in Philadelphia, is one of the most studied of the nine built houses designed by American architect Louis Kahn. Commissioned by Margaret Esherick, it was completed in 1961. The house is noted especially for its spatial organization and for the ventilation and natural lighting provided by its unusual window and shutter configuration. A kitchen of wood and copper was created for the house by Wharton Esherick, a nationally known craftsman and artist.... more on Wikipedia
- The First Unitarian Church of Rochester is located at 220 Winton Road South in Rochester, New York, U.S. The congregation is one of the largest in its denomination, the Unitarian Universalist Association. The non-creedal church conducts programs in the areas of spirituality, social concerns, music and arts. The church was organized in 1829. In the 1840s it began attracting a group of social reformers from Quaker backgrounds, one of whom, Susan B. Anthony, became a leader of the women's suffrage movement. In 1848, two weeks after the Seneca Falls Convention, the first women's rights convention, which was held at Seneca Falls, New York, a follow-up women's rights convention was organized at... more on Wikipedia
- City/Town: Rochester, Monroe County, New York, United States of America, North America
- The Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad is a public business school located in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. It was the second Indian Institute of Management to be established in India. It is consistently ranked as one of the best business schools in India and the Asia-Pacific region. Established in 1961, the institute offers Post Graduate Diploma Programme in Management and Agri-Business Management, a Doctoral Programme and a number of Executive Training Programmes. Its programs are accredited by EQUIS.... more on Wikipedia
- City/Town: Gujarat, India
- Jatiyo Sangsad Bhaban or National Parliament House, is the house of the Parliament of Bangladesh, located at Sher-e-Bangla Nagar in the Bangladeshi capital of Dhaka. Designed by architect Louis Kahn, the complex, is one of the largest legislative complexes in the world, comprising 200 acres The building was featured prominently in the 2003 film My Architect, detailing the career and familial legacy of its architect, Louis Kahn. Robert McCarter, author of Fardin I. Kahn, described the National Parliament of Bangladesh as one of the twentieth century's most significant buildings.... more on Wikipedia
- City/Town: Dhaka, Greater Dhaka Area, Dhaka District, Bangladesh, South Asia
- Opened: Jan 01 1982
- Style: Modern architecture, Brutalist architecture