List of the best Madhubala movies, ranked best to worst with movie trailers when available. Madhubala's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world. The order of these top Madhubala movies is decided by how many votes they receive, so only highly rated Madhubala movies will be at the top of the list. Madhubala has been in a lot of films, so people often debate each other over what the greatest Madhubala movie of all time is. If you and a friend are arguing about this then use this list of the most entertaining Madhubala films to end the squabble once and for all.
If you think the best Madhubala role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest Madhubala performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand.
Examples of films on this list: Bahut Din Hue, Tarana and many more."This list answers the questions, "What are the best Madhubala movies?" and "What are the greatest Madhubala roles of all time?"
- Kalapani is a 1958 Hindi movie produced by Dev Anand for Navketan Films and directed by Raj Khosla. The film is based on A.J. Cronin's 1953 novel, Beyond This Place, and is a remake of the 1955 ...more
- Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi is a 1958 Indian comedy film. The film featured Kishore Kumar, his two brothers Anoop Kumar and Ashok Kumar, and Madhubala. Kishore Kumar sang many of the songs in the film, ...more
- Mughal-e-Azam is a 1960 Indian film directed by K. Asif and produced by Shapoorji Pallonji. Starring Prithviraj Kapoor, Dilip Kumar, Madhubala, and Durga Khote, the historical epic follows the love ...more
- Jhumroo is a 1961 comedy musical drama family film written by Vrajendra Gaur, Madhusudan Kalekar, Kishore Kumar and 1 more and directed by Shankar Mukherjee.
- Ek Saal is a 1957 drama family romance film directed by Devendra Goel.
- Raj Hath is a 1956 adventure drama romance film written by Shams Lucknowi and directed by Sohrab Modi.
- Half ticket, directed by Kalidas, is a 1962 Bollywood classic film starring Kishore Kumar, Madhubala, Helen and Pran.
- Howrah Bridge is a 1958 film directed by Shakti Samanta. Its name is a reference to Howrah Bridge, which connects Howrah to Kolkata over the Hooghly River. It features the well known Hindi song "Mera ...more
- Barsaat Ki Raat is a 1960 Bollywood film starring Bharat Bhushan, Madhubala, Shyama, Mumtaz Begum and K.N. Singh. It was directed by P. L. Santoshi. This film was released in black-and-white and is ...more
- Mahal is a 1949 Indian Hindi film directed by Kamal Amrohi and starring Ashok Kumar and Madhubala. It was India's first reincarnation thriller film. Produced by Bombay Talkies studio, this Kamal ...more
- Mr. & Mrs. '55 is a 1955 Bollywood film by director Guru Dutt. Guru Dutt stars alongside Madhubala, supported by Lalita Pawar, Johnny Walker and Jagdeep in this socially critical romantic comedy set ...more
- Tarana is a 1951 Hindi movie produced and written by K S Daryani and directed by Ram Daryani. The film stars Dilip Kumar, Madhubala, Shyama and Jeevan. Anil Biswas wrote the music for the film.
- Beqasoor is a 1950 Bollywood film about a simple girl caught in the cross-fire of a deep-rooted sibling rivalry between her upright husband and her scheming brother-in-law. The film is directed by K. ...more
- Shirin Farhad is a 1956 film written by Hakim Laata and directed by Aspi Irani.
- Jaali Note is a 1960 Hindi film directed by Shakti Samanta, based on theme of counterfeit money. It stars Dev Anand along with Madhubala, Om Prakash, Madan Puri, and Helen. The film's music was by ...more
- Neel Kamal is a 1947 black and white Bollywood film directed by Kidar Sharma. Although a commercial failure, this romantic melodrama is significant because it features the debuts of two of ...more
- Passport is a 1961 crime drama film written by Vrajendra Gaur and Nabendu Ghosh and directed by Pramod Chakravorty.
- Sangdil is a 1952 film directed by R. C Talwar. The film is an adaptation of the Charlotte Brontë classic Jane Eyre. The film stars Dilip Kumar, Madhubala, Dara Singh and Leela Chitnis. The film's ...more
- Boy Friend is a 1961 Hindi movie directed by Naresh Saigal. The film stars Shammi Kapoor, Madhubala and Dharmendra. The film's music is by Shankar Jaikishan.
- Amar is a 1954 black-and-white Bollywood movie. Produced and directed by Mehboob Khan, the film stars Dilip Kumar, Madhubala, Nimmi and Jayant. Amar features music by Naushad with lyrics by Shakeel ...more
- Phagun is a 1958 Bollywood film directed by Bibhuti Mitra. It was the 6th highest grossing film in India of 1958.
- Bahut Din Hue is a 1954 music adventure drama fantasy musical film written by Gaurishankar Asopa, J.S. Casshyap and Pandit Indra and directed by S.S. Vasan.
- Sharabi is a 1964 drama musical romance film written and directed by Raj Rishi.
- Jwala is a 1971 Bollywood action film directed by M.V. Raman. The film stars Sunil Dutt and Madhubala. This was Madhubala's last film, released two years after her death in 1969. This is also her ...more
- Imtihaan is a 1949 bollywod romance film directed by Mohan Sinha.