Maggiano's recipes - the easy way to prepare the best dishes from the Maggiano's Little Italy menu. These are copycat recipes, not necessarily made the same way as they are prepared at Maggiano's, but closely modeled on the flavors and textures of Maggiano's popular food, so you can bring these exotic tastes to your own table for a fraction of the cost.
Maggiano's Little Italy was founded in 1991 in Chicago's River North neighborhood. The casual dining restaurant specializes in Italian-American cuisine, including pasta, salads, Italian steaks, seafood, and desserts like Maggiano's cheesecake and creme brulee.
From Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits to Buffalo Wild Wings hot sauce, chain and franchise restaurants are popular destinations around the world. Eating out too frequently can be costly, not to mention that it's hard to control portion size, ingredients, or the style of cooking to suit your preferences.What are the best Maggiano's recipes? Making Maggiano's recipes on your own allows you to save money while enjoying your favorite menu items from the casual dining spot. This list collections the best copycat Maggiano's recipes from around the Web.
Maggiano's Shrimp Scampi
6 each Shrimp, (16-20 per lb)
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
6 each Grape Tomatoes, cut in ½
1 Tbsp Roasted Garlic Cloves
1/3 Cup Chicken Stock
1/3 Cup White Wine
2 Tbsp Butter
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1 Tbsp Fresh Basil, torn
4 pieces Garlic Bread, pieces, cut on a bias in half
1 each Lemon Half
½ Cup Parsley, chopped
Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Turn shrimp over and cook for 30 seconds.
- Immediately add grape tomatoes, roasted garlic cloves, chicken stock, white wine, lemon and butter.
- Allow sauce and shrimp to cook for 30-45 seconds.
- Add fresh basil and toss together with shrimp mixture; remove from heat.
- Place a piece of garlic bread in center of the plate and pour shrimp and sauce on top of bread; stack neatly and allow some tomatoes and basil to remain on top.
- Garnish with remaining garlic bread, half of lemon and parsley.
Maggiano's Rigatoni D
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
10 ounces button mushrooms
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 yellow onion , chopped
2 teaspoons garlic , pureed
salt and pepper
1 lb chicken breast , cut into 1 to 1 1/2 inch pieces
1/2 quart chicken stock
2 -4 ounces marsala wine (Cribari)
2 ounces white wine
1/2 quart heavy cream
1 lb rigatoni pasta
1 tablespoon fresh basil , chopped (and parsley mix)
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese , grated
2 ounces garlic butter
parmesan cheese , shavings (garnish)
chopped fresh parsley (garnish)
- Caramelize onions.
- Saute mushrooms with balsamic vinegar.
- Add onions to the mushrooms.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add garlic .
- Add chicken.
- Add chicken stock, Marsala, and white wine.; cook until reduced by half.
- Add cream and bring to a boil.
- Turn down heat and simmer to skim away any impurities.
- Cook rigatoni al dente.
- Add drained rigatoni to chicken mixture in pan; finish with basil-parsley mix, parmesan cheese, garlic butter, and salt and pepper.
- Add more Marsala for flavor as needed.
- Place in pasta bowl; garnish with parmesan shavings and chopped parsley.
Baked Ziti and Sausage
16 oz Ziti Pasta
2 oz Olive Oil
1 lb Ground Italian Sausage
2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
1 C White Wine
12 oz Diced Tomatoes
20 oz Canned or Fresh Marinara Sauce
1 oz Whole Butter
1 oz Chopped Basil
8 oz Shredded Mozzarella
3 Tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 Basil Sprig
- Place olive oil into a sauté pan over medium-high heat; cook Italian sausage.
- Once sausage is almost cooked, turn heat off and drain excess grease.
- Turn heat back to medium-high; add garlic and continue cooking for 30 seconds.
- Add white wine and bring to a simmer, reducing wine until almost completely dry.
- Lower heat to medium; add diced tomatoes, marinara sauce, butter and chopped basil.
- Remove from heat, add pasta and half of mozzarella; toss to blend.
- Transfer to baking dish and top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Place underneath a broiler or in an oven for 2-3 minutes until cheese is bubbly and golden brown.
- Garnish with basil sprig and enjoy.
Maggiano's House Dressing
1 ounce Colemans dry mustard
1/3 cup sugar
3/4 cup water
1 ounce garlic, finely chopped
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 cup white vinegar
salt, to taste
1 quart corn or canola oil
1 cup virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- Slowly drizzle in the oils, continue to blend for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer to bowl and add remaining ingredients with wire whisk.
- Store in sealed containers in refrigerator.