Marie Callender's recipes - the easy way to prepare the best dishes from the Marie Callender's menu. These are copycat recipes, not necessarily made the same way as they are prepared at Marie Callender's, but closely modeled on the flavors and textures of Marie Callender's popular food, so you can bring these exotic tastes to your own table for a fraction of the cost.
Marie Callender's is a casual dining chain with over 350 locations in the western United States. The restaurant serves sandwiches, soups, and burgers, but it is famous for desserts, particularly Marie Callender's pies. Most locations have a full-stocked alcohol bar as well as a salad bar.
From Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits to Buffalo Wild Wings hot sauce, chain and franchise restaurants are popular destinations around the world. Eating out too frequently can be costly, not to mention that it's hard to control portion size, ingredients, or the style of cooking to suit your preferences.What are the best Marie Callender's pies? Making Marie Callender's recipes on your own allows you to save money while enjoying your favorite menu items from the casual dining spot. This list collections the best copycat Marie Callender's recipes from around the Web.
Lemon Cream Cheese Pie
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
* Cream Cheese Filling
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
* Lemon Filling
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 dash salt
1 cup water
2 egg yolks
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon butter
- Crust: Combine graham cracker crumbs with melted butter and sugar in a small bowl; press crust mixture into an 8-inch pie pan.
- Cream cheese filling: Mix cream cheese with 1/4 cup sugar, vanilla and an egg using an electric mixer; mix well until smooth.
- Pour cream cheese filling into graham cracker crust and bake for 30-35 minutes or until center is cooked.
- Lemon filling: Combine sugar with cornstarch, salt and water in a small saucepan; set mixture over low heat and bring to a simmer, stir often.
- Whisk in egg yolks; add lemon juice and butter.
- Remove immediately from heat as mixture simmers again.
- Pour lemon filling over cream cheese filling; let pie cool.
- When cool, chill pie in the refrigerator for several hours before serving.
Strawberry Glazed Pie
6 cups sliced fresh strawberries
2/3 cup white sugar
1 cup water
4 tablespoons strawberry flavored gelatin
4 tablespoons cornstarch
1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
- Remove from heat; fold in sliced strawberries, toss until well coated.
- Pour into graham cracker crust; chill until well set.
- Serve topped with whipped cream.
Potato Cheese Soup
cups peeled and cubed potatoes
2 cups peeled and chopped onions
4 cups chopped celery
2 teaspoons salt
4 cups half and half
6 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, optional garnish
- Put in blender or food processor; puree until chunky.
- Return to soup pot; add half-and-half, butter and cheese.
- Stir constantly; simmer until piping hot but avoid boiling.
- Garnish with parsley if desired.
1/4 pound butter
1/2 cup honey
6 Bacon Slices Crisply Cooked And Crumbled
- Reduce speed, then beat in honey and bacon; beat until thoroughly combined and smooth.
- Keep refrigerated in covered container; serve within a week. Makes 10 servings.