The Masked Singer on Fox is based on a Korean show with a similar name and theme. Each week, pairs of the mysteriously masked singers compete head-to-head and the winner by audience and panelist vote is safe from elimination. The losers of the face-offs then are voted on to see who will continue to the next week and who will be unmasked.
Competitors on The Masked Singer drop clues from their costumes to what they tell the judges - even the songs they pick. As amazingly talented as they all are, trying to guess who they are is a big part of the fun. We've compiled a list of the remaining Masked Singer competitors and all the clues we can find. Each clue is accompanied by links to Ranker lists that can help you narrow down the possibilities.
Not listed are the Masked Singer Competitors who have been revealed as of Week 4. Though we had fewer clues to go by, some of us were able to figure out their identities before they were unmasked. The winner of the first season of The Masked Singer was the monster, who was unmasked in the finale and revealed as rapper T-Pain. His soaring voice belied his identity, which he hinted at through clues about his turbulent past and a history of his talents being overlooked.
In order of elimination, the revealed Masked Singer Competitors were:
- Hippo: Antonio Brown, revealed Week 1
- Pineapple: Tommy Chong, revealed Week 2
- Deer: Terry Bradshaw, revealed Week 3
- Poodle: Margaret Cho, revealed Week 4
- Unicorn: Tori Spelling, revealed Week 5
- Raven: Ricki Lake, revealed Week 6
- Alien: La Toya Jackson, revealed Week 7
- Rabbit: Joey Fantone, revealed Week 8 in a double elimination
- Lion: Rumer Willis, revealed Week 8 in a double elimination
- Bee: Gladys Knight, revealed in Week 9 finale, placing third
- Peacock: Donny Osmond, revealed in Week 9 finale, the runner up
- Monster: T-Pain, revealed in Week 9 finale, the winner
Unmasked Week 9, Season Finale (February 27): T-Pain, the winner.
Is 5'8" tall
Misunderstood and labeled a "monster"
- Rappers Who Have Struggled With Depression
- Musicians In Rehab
- Celebrities Who Have Testified In Criminal Trials
Was at top of his game, but game turned on him
Use of autotune, isn't a professional singer to "everyone," mentions "mixtape"
- Rappers Who Can Sing
- Hip Hop Stars You Most Wish You Could Sound Like
- Rappers With The Best Mixtapes
"I make my best calls on this headset."
- Famous Radio Personalities
- Famous Sports Commentators
- Famous Sportscasters
- Famous Male Sportscasters
- Celebrity Twitch Streamers
- Athletes Who Are Also Musicians
"Tonight, I'm coming out swinging."
Mentioned being a "little monster growing up down south."
"I couldn't let people make me a bad boy for life."
Unmasked Week 9, Season Finale (February 27): Donny Osmond, runner up
Is 5'9" tall
Started when he was 5 years old
Friends With Michael Jackson
Was teen heartthrob
- Heartthrobs from the '90s
- Most Popular Teen Idol Guys of All Time
- Your Mom's Childhood Crushes from the '60s & '70s
"Because of this wig, I was thrown in jail."
Unmasked Week 9, Season Finale (February 27): Gladys Knight, placed third.
Is 5'4" tall
Long and large career, began singing in the '50s
- The Best Female Vocalists Ever
- The Greatest Singers of the Past 30 Years
- Top Pop Artists of the 1960s
- Old Singers You Didn't Realise Are Still Alive
Possible nickname: "Empress"
Mentioned they'd won a lot of awards
Baking is her "second favorite thing to do."
Had an idea to form a girl group as a child
Unmasked Week 8 (February 20): Rumer Willis
Is 5'6" tall
"In my pride, there are lots of women."
Has sisters but is going "solo."
Worked on empy wine rack during clues video
Has a subscription to a "monthly murder mystery game."