The best of Matthew McConaughey's romanic comedy roles that appear on this list are sweet, funny, and a little bit cheesy - all the makings of a classic rom-com. McConaughey's adorable southern drawl is enough to make any of his onscreen leading ladies melt, and his impeccable comedic timing is sure to bring home the laughs.
Whether you're a fan of his determined, game-playing character in How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, or his stubborn, immature character in Failure to Launch, this list of the best Matthew McConaughey rom-coms is sure to feature some of your favorites. If you enjoy this list, you should also check out the list of best Jennifer Lopez romantic comedy roles.
Check out this list of Matthew McConaughey's most iconic romantic comedy roles, and enjoy the movie trailers as well.
- EDtv is a 1999 American satirical comedy film directed by Ron Howard. An adaptation of the Quebec film Louis 19, le roi des ondes, it stars Matthew McConaughey, Jenna Elfman, Woody Harrelson, Ellen DeGeneres, Martin Landau, Rob Reiner, Sally Kirkland, Elizabeth Hurley, Clint Howard, and Dennis Hopper. Despite mixed reviews and being a box office flop, EDtv has become a cult film since its release. The film was screened out of competition at the 1999 Cannes Film Festival.... more on Wikipedia
- Actors: Matthew McConaughey, Elizabeth Hurley, Ellen DeGeneres, Bryce Dallas Howard, Jay Leno
- Released: 1999
- Directed by: Ron Howard
- Failure to Launch is a 2006 American romantic comedy film. In the movie a 35-year-old man lives in the home of his parents and shows no interest in leaving the comfortable life his parents, especially his mother, have made for him there.... more on Wikipedia
- Actors: Zooey Deschanel, Sarah Jessica Parker, Matthew McConaughey, Bradley Cooper, Terry Bradshaw
- Released: 2006
- Directed by: Tom Dey
- Fool's Gold is an 2008 American-Australian adventure-romance film from Warner Bros. Pictures about a recently divorced couple who rekindle their romantic life while searching for a lost treasure. The film was directed by Andy Tennant and reunites the How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days stars Matthew McConaughey and Kate Hudson.... more on Wikipedia
- Actors: Kate Hudson, Matthew McConaughey, Donald Sutherland, Kevin Hart, Ray Winstone
- Released: 2008
- Directed by: Andy Tennant
- How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days is a 2003 American romantic comedy film directed by Donald Petrie. An advice columnist (Kate Hudson) and an advertising executive (Matthew McConaughey) find themselves romantically involved by chance, but both with contrasting intentions.... more on Wikipedia
- Actors: Kate Hudson, Matthew McConaughey, Bebe Neuwirth, Marvin Hamlisch, Kathryn Hahn
- Released: 2003
- Directed by: Donald Petrie