List of the best Matthew Modine movies, ranked best to worst with movie trailers when available. Matthew Modine's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world. The order of these top Matthew Modine movies is decided by how many votes they receive, so only highly rated Matthew Modine movies will be at the top of the list. Matthew Modine has been in a lot of films, so people often debate each other over what the greatest Matthew Modine movie of all time is. If you and a friend are arguing about this then use this list of the most entertaining Matthew Modine films to end the squabble once and for all.
If you think the best Matthew Modine role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest Matthew Modine performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand.
The list you're viewing contains films like Memphis Belle and Any Given Sunday."This list answers the questions, "What are the best Matthew Modine movies?" and "What are the greatest Matthew Modine roles of all time?"
- High school wrestler Louden Swain (Matthew Modine) feels he must do something significant in his life shortly after turning 18. Despite vehement advice against it from his father (Ronny Cox) and ...more
- Stanley Kubrick's take on the Vietnam War follows smart-aleck Private Davis (Matthew Modine), quickly christened "Joker" by his foul-mouthed drill sergeant (R. Lee Ermey), and pudgy Private Lawrence ...more
- Birdy (Matthew Modine) returns from the Vietnam War scarred from the horrific experiences of battle. He is so damaged by what he saw that he has shut himself off from reality completely, imaging that ...more
- In 1983, yacht sailor Will Parker (Matthew Modine) leads an American crew financed by millionaire Morgan Weld (Cliff Robertson) to defeat during the America's Cup race against an Australian crew. ...more
- At a U.S. Army Air Force base in England, the crew members of B-17 bomber Memphis Belle prepare for their 25th and final sortie into enemy German territory. Bomber Capt. Dennis Dearborn (Matthew ...more
- And the Band Played On is a 1993 American television film docudrama directed by Roger Spottiswoode. The teleplay by Arnold Schulman is based on the best-selling 1987 non-fiction book And the Band ...more
- Pacific Heights is a 1990 psychological thriller film directed by John Schlesinger, written by Daniel Pyne, and starring Melanie Griffith, Matthew Modine, and Michael Keaton. Griffith's real-life ...more
- A fisherman's son (Matthew Modine) goes through medical school with a bad attitude, especially in cadaver class.
- Married to the Mob is a 1988 American comedy film directed by Jonathan Demme, starring Michelle Pfeiffer and Matthew Modine. Michelle Pfeiffer, in something of a departure from her previous roles, ...more
- Miss Virginia is a 2019 American drama film directed by R.J. Daniel Hanna. A struggling inner-city mother (Uzo Aduba) sacrifices everything to give her son a good education.
- Financial leaders (William Hurt, Billy Crudup) spring into action when the U.S. economy falters in 2008.
- Opa! is a 2005 comedy film written by Christina Concetta, Raman Singh and directed by Udayan Prasad.
- Feisty Morgan Adams (Geena Davis) inherits her late buccaneer father's galleon and one-third of a map to buried treasure located on Cutthroat Island. The map had been tattooed on her father's scalp, ...more
- It has been eight years since Batman (Christian Bale), in collusion with Commissioner Gordon (Gary Oldman), vanished into the night. Assuming responsibility for the death of Harvey Dent, Batman ...more
- Flowers for Algernon is a 2000 American-Canadian television film directed by Jeff Bleckner, based on the novel by Daniel Keyes.
- An aspiring actor (Matthew Modine) and his girlfriend (Catherine Keener) handle life's frustrations, while his friend seeks fulfillment with a blonde (Daryl Hannah).
- The Browning Version is a 1994 film directed by Mike Figgis and starring Albert Finney. The film is based on the 1948 play by Terence Rattigan, which was previously adapted for film under the same ...more
- "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" heroes and villains before the First Order's attack on Jakku.
- Jacob is a German/Italian/American television movie from 1994, based on the novel Giacobbe by Francesco Maria Nappi, which is in turn based on a Biblical account from the Book of Genesis about Jacob.
- Hollywood North is a 2003 film starring Matthew Modine and Jennifer Tilly. It is a mockumentary detailing the struggles of two Canadian movie producers in Toronto circa 1979. The title is a reference ...more
- Bye Bye Love is a 1995 American comedy-drama film that deals with the central issue of divorce. It was directed by Sam Weisman and written by Gary David Goldberg and Brad Hall. It stars Matthew ...more
- Many loosely connected characters cross paths in this film, based on the stories of Raymond Carver. Waitress Doreen Piggot (Lily Tomlin) accidentally runs into a boy with her car. Soon after walking ...more
- The Neighbor is a 2008 film directed by Eddie O'Flaherty.
- Private School is a 1983 teen oriented sex comedy film, directed by Noel Black. Starring Phoebe Cates and Matthew Modine, it follows a teenage couple attempting to have sex for the first time.
- Le Divorce is a 2003 Merchant Ivory Productions film directed by James Ivory from a screenplay by Ruth Prawer Jhabvala and Ivory, based on Diane Johnson's best-selling novel.