List of the members of the Baring family, listed alphabetically with photos when available. This list includes the names of each famous person in the Baring family, along with information like where each person was born. If you're doing research on historic members of the Baring family, then this list is the perfect jumping off point for finding out which notable people are included. The Baring family has held prominence in the world dating back many years, so it's no wonder that many people have a fascination with its members. While this is not an exact family tree, it does show a list of many popular members of the Baring family.
People on this list include Maurice Baring and Sir Francis Baring, 1st Baronet.The information on this page of prominent Baring family members can help answer the questions, “Who was in the Baring family?” and "Who is part of the Baring family?
- Lieutenant-Colonel George Rowland Stanley Baring, 3rd Earl of Cromer, (28 July 1918 – 16 March 1991), styled Viscount Errington before 1953, was a British banker and diplomat. After serving during the Second World War, he was Governor of the Bank of England (1961–1966) and British Ambassador to the United States (1971–1974).... more
- Age: Dec. at 73 (1918-1991)
- Birthplace: United Kingdom
- Maurice Baring (27 April 1874 – 14 December 1945) was an English man of letters, known as a dramatist, poet, novelist, translator and essayist, and also as a travel writer and war correspondent. During World War I, Baring served in the Intelligence Corps and Royal Air Force.... more
- Age: Dec. at 71 (1874-1945)
- Birthplace: Mayfair, London, London, England
- Thomas Charles Baring DL (16 May 1831 – 2 April 1891) was a British banker and Conservative Party politician.... more
- Age: Dec. at 60 (1831-1891)
- Alexander Baring, 1st Baron Ashburton PC (27 October 1774 – 12 May 1848), was a British politician and financier, and a member of the Baring family. Baring was the second son of Sir Francis Baring, 1st Baronet, and of Harriet, daughter of William Herring. His grandfather, Johann (John) Baring, emigrated from Germany and established the family in England. ... more
- Age: Dec. at 74 (1774-1848)