List of the members of the Colonna family, listed alphabetically with photos when available. This list includes the names of each famous person in the Colonna family, along with information like where each person was born. If you're doing research on historic members of the Colonna family, then this list is the perfect jumping off point for finding out which notable people are included. The Colonna family has held prominence in the world dating back many years, so it's no wonder that many people have a fascination with its members. While this is not an exact family tree, it does show a list of many popular members of the Colonna family.
List features family members like Pope Martin V and Vittoria Colonna.The information on this page of prominent Colonna family members can help answer the questions, “Who was in the Colonna family?” and "Who is part of the Colonna family?
- Pope Martin V (Latin: Martinus V; January/February 1369 – 20 February 1431), born Otto (or Oddone) Colonna, was Pope from 11 November 1417 to his death in 1431. His election effectively ended the Western Schism (1378–1417). ...more
- Age: Dec. at 62 (1369-1431)
- Birthplace: Genazzano, Italy
- Vittoria Colonna (April 1492 – 25 February 1547), marchioness of Pescara, was an Italian noblewoman and poet. As an educated, married noblewoman whose husband was in captivity, Colonna was able to develop relationships within the intellectual circles of Ischia and Naples. Her early poetry began to attract attention in the late 1510s and she ultimately became one of the most popular female poets of sixteenth-century Italy. Upon the early death of her husband, she took refuge at a convent in Rome. Although she remained a laywoman, she did experience a strong spiritual renewal and remained devoutly religious for the remainder of her life. Colonna is also known to have been a spiritual mentor ...more
- Age: Dec. at 54 (1492-1547)
- Birthplace: Lazio, Europe, Eurasia, Province of Rome, Rome
Francesco ColonnaThe name Francesco Colonna may refer to: Francesco Colonna (1433-1527), Italian Dominican priest and monk credited with the authorship of the Hypnerotomachia Poliphili Francesco Colonna (b. 1460), also considered the possible author of the Hypnerotomachia Poliphili Francesco Colonna (1597-1653), Roman Catholic prelate who served as Bishop of Castro di Puglia (1642–1653) Francesco Colonna (d. 1636), general and Prince of Palestrina who fought in Europe under Alessandro Farnese and Ambrogio Spinola Francesco Colonna, journalist ...more
- Age: 588
- Birthplace: Venice, Scorzè, Italy
- Pietro Colonna (born around 1260 - died on January 14, 1326) was an Italian cardinal. ...more
- Birthplace: Rome, Italy