List of the members of the House of Bernadotte, listed alphabetically with photos when available. This list includes the names of each famous person in the House of Bernadotte, along with information like where each person was born. If you're doing research on historic members of the House of Bernadotte, then this list is the perfect jumping off point for finding out which notable people are included. The House of Bernadotte has held prominence in the world dating back many years, so it's no wonder that many people have a fascination with its members. While this is not an exact family tree, it does show a list of many popular members of the House of Bernadotte.
The list you're viewing has a variety of family members, like Folke Bernadotte and Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland, in it.The information on this page of prominent House of Bernadotte members can help answer the questions, “Who was in the House of Bernadotte?” and "Who is part of the House of Bernadotte?
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainFolke Bernadotte, Count of Wisborg (2 January 1895 – 17 September 1948) was a Swedish diplomat and nobleman. During World War II, he negotiated the release of about 31,000 prisoners from German concentration camps, including 450 Danish Jews from the Theresienstadt camp. They were released on 14 April 1945. In 1945, he received a German surrender offer from Heinrich Himmler, though the offer was ultimately rejected. After the war, Bernadotte was unanimously chosen to be the United Nations Security Council mediator in the Arab–Israeli conflict of 1947–1948. He was assassinated in Jerusalem in 1948 by the paramilitary Zionist group Lehi while pursuing his official duties. Upon his death,... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 53 (1895-1948)
- Birthplace: Stockholm, Sweden
- Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden, Duchess of Västergötland (Victoria Ingrid Alice Désirée; Swedish pronunciation: [vɪkˈtuːrɪa], born 14 July 1977) is the heir apparent to the Swedish throne, as the eldest child of King Carl XVI Gustaf. If she ascends to the throne as expected, she will be Sweden's fourth queen regnant (after Margaret, Christina and Ulrika Eleonora) and the first since 1720.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 43
- Birthplace: Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Prince Carl Philip, Duke of VärmlandPrince Carl Philip of Sweden, Duke of Värmland (Swedish pronunciation: [ˈkɑːɭ ˈfiːlɪp]; Carl Philip Edmund Bertil; born 13 May 1979) is the only son and the second of three children of King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia. As of 2016, Prince Carl Philip is fourth in the line of succession, after his older sister, Crown Princess Victoria, his niece and goddaughter Princess Estelle, and his nephew Prince Oscar. He lives with his wife, Princess Sofia, and two sons, Prince Alexander and Prince Gabriel, in Villa Solbacken in central Stockholm.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 41
- Birthplace: Stockholm, Sweden
- Photo: Mike Coppola / Getty imagesPrincess Madeleine of Sweden, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland (Madeleine Thérèse Amelie Josephine; born 10 June 1982), is the second daughter and youngest child of King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia. Upon her birth, she was third in line of succession to the Swedish throne. She is currently seventh in the line of succession. Princess Madeleine is married to British-American financier Christopher O'Neill. They have three children, Princess Leonore, Prince Nicolas and Princess Adrienne.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 38
- Birthplace: Drottningholm Palace, Stockholm, Sweden