List of the members of the House of Habsburg, listed alphabetically with photos when available. This list includes the names of each famous person in the House of Habsburg, along with information like where each person was born. If you're doing research on historic members of the House of Habsburg, then this list is the perfect jumping off point for finding out which notable people are included. The House of Habsburg has held prominence in the world dating back many years, so it's no wonder that many people have a fascination with its members. While this is not an exact family tree, it does show a list of many popular members of the House of Habsburg.
Examples include Otto von Habsburg and Gabriela von Habsburg.The information on this page of prominent House of Habsburg members can help answer the questions, “Who was in the House of Habsburg?” and "Who is part of the House of Habsburg?
- Photo: uploaded by Polar BearCharles V (24 February 1500 – 21 September 1558) was Holy Roman Emperor from 1519, King of Spain (Castile and Aragon, as Charles I) from 1516, and ruling prince of the Habsburg Netherlands from 1506. Head of the rising House of Habsburg during the first half of the 16th century, his dominions in Europe included the Holy Roman Empire extending from Germany to northern Italy with direct rule over Austria and the Low Countries, and a unified Spain with its southern Italian kingdoms of Naples, Sicily, and Sardinia. Furthermore, his reign encompassed both the long-lasting Spanish and short-lived German colonizations of the Americas. The personal union of the European and American territories of... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 58 (1500-1558)
- Birthplace: Ghent, Belgium
- Gabriela von Habsburg (born 14 October 1956) also known as Archduchess Gabriela of Austria, is the granddaughter of Charles I, the last Emperor of Austria. She is also a prolific abstract sculptor, working mainly in stainless steel as well as stone-printed lithography. She was the Ambassador of Georgia to Germany from 2009 to 2013.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 64
- Birthplace: Luxembourg, Luxembourg
- Dona Maria Leopoldina of Austria (22 January 1797 – 11 December 1826) was an archduchess of Austria, Empress consort of Brazil and Queen consort of Portugal. She was born Caroline Josepha Leopoldine Franziska Ferdinanda of Habsburg-Lorraine in Vienna, Austria, the daughter of Holy Roman Emperor Francis II, and his second wife, Maria Teresa of Naples and Sicily. Among her many siblings were Emperor Ferdinand I of Austria and Marie Louise, Duchess of Parma, the wife of Napoleon Bonaparte.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 29 (1797-1826)
- Birthplace: Vienna, Austria
- Archduke Franz Ferdinand Carl Ludwig Joseph Maria, Archduke of Austria-Este (18 December 1863 – 28 June 1914) was a member of the Imperial Habsburg dynasty, and from 1896 until his death the heir presumptive (Thronfolger) to the Austro-Hungarian throne.It is said that his assassination in Sarajevo precipitated Austria-Hungary's declaration of war against Serbia, which in turn triggered a series of events that eventually led to Austria-Hungary's allies and Serbia's declaring war on each other, starting World War I.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 51 (1863-1914)
- Birthplace: Graz, Austria