List of the members of the Ottoman Dynasty, listed alphabetically with photos when available. This list includes the names of each famous person in the Ottoman Dynasty, along with information like where each person was born. If you're doing research on historic members of the Ottoman Dynasty, then this list is the perfect jumping off point for finding out which notable people are included. The Ottoman Dynasty has held prominence in the world dating back many years, so it's no wonder that many people have a fascination with its members. While this is not an exact family tree, it does show a list of many popular members of the Ottoman Dynasty.
The list you're viewing has a variety of family members, like Osman II and Mehmed the Conqueror, in it.The information on this page of prominent Ottoman Dynasty members can help answer the questions, “Who was in the Ottoman Dynasty?” and "Who is part of the Ottoman Dynasty?
- Aimée du Buc de Rivéry (4 December 1768 – ?) was a French heiress who went missing at sea as a young woman. There is a legend that she was captured by Barbary pirates, sold as a harem concubine, and was the same person as Nakşîdil Sultan, a Valide Sultan (Queen Mother) of the Ottoman Empire; this has not been proven. ... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 49 (1768-1817)
- Birthplace: Martinique, France
- Photo: uploaded by historyboy1Mehmed II, also known as Muhammed bin Murad, Mehmed the Conqueror, Grand Turk, Kayser-i Rûm and Turcarum Imperator, and Fatih Sultan Mehmed, was an Ottoman sultan who ruled first for a short time from August 1444 to September 1446, and later from February 1451 to May 1481. At the age of 21, he conquered Constantinople and brought an end to the Byzantine Empire. Mehmed continued his conquests in Anatolia with its reunification, and in Southeast Europe as far west as Bosnia. Being a highly regarded conqueror, Mehmed is considered a hero in modern-day Turkey and parts of the wider Muslim world. Among other things, Istanbul's Fatih district, Fatih Sultan Mehmet Bridge and Fatih Mosque are named... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 49 (1432-1481)
- Birthplace: Edirne, Turkey
- Osman II (Ottoman Turkish: عثمان ثانى ‘Osmān-i sānī; 3 November 1604 – 20 May 1622), commonly known in Turkey as Genç Osman ("Osman the Young" in English), was the Sultan of the Ottoman Empire from 1618 until his regicide on 20 May 1622.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 18 (1604-1622)
- Birthplace: Istanbul, Turkey
- Bayezid I (Ottoman Turkish: بايزيد اول; Turkish: I. Bayezid, Yıldırım Bayezid (nicknamed Yıldırım (Ottoman Turkish: یلدیرم), "Lightning, Thunderbolt"); 1360 – 8 March 1403) was the Ottoman Sultan from 1389 to 1402. He was the son of Murad I and Gülçiçek Hatun. He built one of the largest armies in the known world at the time and unsuccessfully besieged Constantinople. He adopted the title of Sultan-i Rûm, Rûm being an old Islamic name for the Roman Empire. He decisively defeated the Crusaders at Nicopolis (in modern Bulgaria) in 1396, and was himself defeated and captured by Timur at the Battle of Ankara in 1402 and died in captivity in March 1403, triggering the Ottoman Interregnum.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 43 (1360-1403)
- Birthplace: Edirne, Turkey