List of the members of the Rockefeller family, listed alphabetically with photos when available. This list includes the names of each famous person in the Rockefeller family, along with information like where each person was born. If you're doing research on historic members of the Rockefeller family, then this list is the perfect jumping off point for finding out which notable people are included. The Rockefeller family has held prominence in the world dating back many years, so it's no wonder that many people have a fascination with its members. While this is not an exact family tree, it does show a list of many popular members of the Rockefeller family.
List ranges from David Rockefeller to John D. Rockefeller III, plus many more Rockefellers. Featuring descendants, living Rockefeller members, and more, this list has it all.The information on this page of prominent Rockefeller family members can help answer the questions, “Who was in the Rockefeller family?” and "Who is part of the Rockefeller family?
- Photo: Andrew Walker / Getty ImagesDavid Rockefeller (June 12, 1915 – March 20, 2017) was an American banker who served as chairman and chief executive of Chase Manhattan Corporation. He was the oldest living member of the third generation of the Rockefeller family, and family patriarch from August 2004 until his death in March 2017. Rockefeller was the youngest child of John D. Rockefeller Jr. and Abby Aldrich Rockefeller, and a grandson of John D. Rockefeller and Laura Spelman Rockefeller. He was noted for his wide-ranging political connections and foreign travel, in which he met with many foreign leaders. His fortune was estimated at $3.3 billion at the time of his death in March 2017.... more
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States of America
- John Davison Rockefeller Sr. (July 8, 1839 – May 23, 1937) was an American business magnate and philanthropist. He is widely considered the wealthiest American of all time, and the richest person in modern history.Rockefeller was born into a large family in upstate New York and was shaped by his con man father and religious mother. His family moved several times before eventually settling in Cleveland, Ohio. Rockefeller became an assistant bookkeeper at age 16 and went into several business partnerships beginning at age 20, concentrating his business on oil refining. Rockefeller founded the Standard Oil Company in 1870. He ran it until 1897, and remained its largest... more
- Age: Dec. at 98 (1839-1937)
- Birthplace: Richford, New York
- Nelson Aldrich Rockefeller (July 8, 1908 – January 26, 1979) was an American businessman and politician who served as the 41st vice president of the United States from 1974 to 1977, and previously as the 49th governor of New York from 1959 to 1973. He also served as assistant secretary of State for American Republic Affairs for Presidents Franklin D. Roosevelt and Harry S. Truman (1944–1945) as well as under secretary of Health, Education and Welfare under Dwight D. Eisenhower from 1953 to 1954. A member of the wealthy Rockefeller family, he was a noted art collector and served as administrator of Rockefeller Center in Manhattan, New York. Rockefeller was a Republican who was often... more
- Age: Dec. at 71 (1908-1979)
- Birthplace: Bar Harbor, Maine, USA
- John Davison "Jay" Rockefeller IV (born June 18, 1937) is an American politician who served as a United States Senator from West Virginia (1985–2015). He was first elected to the Senate in 1984, while in office as Governor of West Virginia (1977–85). Rockefeller moved to Emmons, West Virginia, to serve as a VISTA worker in 1964 and was first elected to public office as a member of the West Virginia House of Delegates (1966). Rockefeller was later elected West Virginia Secretary of State (1968) and was president of West Virginia Wesleyan College (1973–75). He became the state's senior U.S. Senator when the long-serving Sen. Robert Byrd died in June 2010. As a great-grandson of oil tycoon... more
- Age: 83
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, USA