List of the members of the Rothschild family, listed alphabetically with photos when available. This list includes the names of each famous person in the Rothschild family, along with information like where each person was born. If you're doing research on historic members of the Rothschild family, then this list is the perfect jumping off point for finding out which notable people are included. The Rothschild family has held prominence in the world dating back many years, so it's no wonder that many people have a fascination with its members. While this is not an exact family tree, it does show a list of many popular members of the Rothschild family.
Descending from Mayer Amschel Rothschild, a court Jew who started his banking business in the 1760s, the Rothschild family shared his wealth by establishing themselves in London, Paris, Frankfurt, Vienna, and Naples. Since then, the Rothschild family continues to be one of the wealthiest families in the world. Due to the family's rich (no pun intended) history, the Rothschild family has been the subject of many conspiracy theories.
The list you're viewing is made up of many different family members, including Jacob Rothschild, 4th Baron Rothschild, James Rothschild, Lionel Rothschild, and David René de Rothschild. Featuring Rothschild women, descendants still living today, and more, this list has it all.The information on this page of prominent Rothschild family members can help answer the questions, “Who was in the Rothschild family?” and "Who is part of the Rothschild family?
- Nathaniel Charles Jacob Rothschild, 4th Baron Rothschild, OM, GBE, FRCA, Hon FKC, Hon FBA (born 29 April 1936) is a British investment banker and a member of the prominent Rothschild banking family. He is also honorary president of the Institute for Jewish Policy Research. ...more
- Age: 85
- Birthplace: United Kingdom
- Baron David René James de Rothschild (French pronunciation: [david ʁəne ʒɛms də ʁɔtʃild]; born December 15, 1942) is a French banker and a member of the French branch of the Rothschild family. He is the chairman of Rothschild Continuation Holdings, a Swiss holding company (which is believed to be controlled by Concordia BV, another holding company, registered in the Netherlands). He was formerly a chairman of De Beers. Since May 2013, de Rothschild is also the chairman of the Governing Board of the World Jewish Congress, the international Jewish organization representing Jewish communities in 100 countries. ...more
- Age: 78
- Birthplace: New York City, New York
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainMayer Amschel Rothschild, written also Anschel (23 February 1744 – 19 September 1812), was a German Jewish banker and the founder of the Rothschild banking dynasty. Referred to as a "founding father of international finance," Rothschild was ranked seventh on the Forbes magazine list of "The Twenty Most Influential Businessmen of All Time" in 2005. ...more
- Age: Dec. at 68 (1744-1812)
- Birthplace: Frankfurt, Germany
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Fair useDame Miriam Louisa Rothschild (5 August 1908 – 20 January 2005) was a British natural scientist and author with contributions to zoology, entomology, and botany. ...more
- Age: Dec. at 96 (1908-2005)
- Birthplace: Ashton, United Kingdom