List of the members of the Spanish Royal Family, listed alphabetically with photos when available. This list includes the names of each famous person in the Spanish Royal Family, along with information like where each person was born. If you're doing research on historic members of the Spanish Royal Family, then this list is the perfect jumping off point for finding out which notable people are included. The Spanish Royal Family has held prominence in the world dating back many years, so it's no wonder that many people have a fascination with its members. While this is not an exact family tree, it does show a list of many popular members of the Spanish Royal Family.
List contains family members like Letizia, Princess of Asturias and Juan Carlos I of Spain.The information on this page of prominent Spanish Royal Family members can help answer the questions, “Who was in the Spanish Royal Family?” and "Who is part of the Spanish Royal Family?
- Photo: Handout / Getty ImagesLetizia Ortiz Rocasolano (Spanish pronunciation: [leˈtiθja oɾˈtiθ]; born 15 September 1972) is the current Queen of Spain as the wife of King Felipe VI. Letizia Ortiz came from a middle-class family and worked as a journalist for ABC and EFE before becoming a news anchor at CNN+ and Televisión Española. In 2003, it was announced that she was engaged to marry Felipe, then Prince of Asturias and heir apparent to the Spanish throne. They married in 2004. Their daughters, Leonor and Sofía, were born in 2005 and 2007 respectively. As Princess of Asturias, Letizia represented her father-in-law, King Juan Carlos, in Spain and abroad. On her father-in-law's abdication in 2014, Felipe and Letizia... more
- Age: 48
- Birthplace: Oviedo, Spain
- Photo: Wikimedia Commons / CC-BY
Felipe VI of SpainPhilip VI or Felipe VI (Spanish: [feˈlipe]; Felipe Juan Pablo Alfonso de Todos los Santos; born 30 January 1968) is the King of Spain. He ascended the throne on 19 June 2014 upon the abdication of his father, King Juan Carlos I. His mother is Queen Sofía, and he has two older sisters, Infanta Elena, Duchess of Lugo, and Infanta Cristina. In 2004, Felipe married TV news journalist Letizia Ortiz with whom he has two daughters, Leonor (his heir presumptive) and Sofía. In accordance with the Spanish Constitution, as monarch, he is head of state and commander-in-chief of the Spanish Armed Forces with military rank of Captain General, and also plays a role in promoting relations with Spanish... more
- Age: 52
- Birthplace: Madrid, Spain
Juan Carlos I of SpainJuan Carlos I (Spanish: [xwaŋˈkaɾlos]; Juan Carlos Alfonso Víctor María de Borbón y Borbón-Dos Sicilias, born 5 January 1938) is a member of the Spanish royal family who reigned as King of Spain, from 1975 until his abdication in 2014. Juan Carlos is the grandson of Alfonso XIII, the last king of Spain before the abolition of the monarchy in 1931 and the subsequent declaration of the Second Spanish Republic. Juan Carlos was born in Rome, Italy, during his family's exile. Generalísimo Francisco Franco, the Spanish dictator who initiated the civil war by means of a coup d'état against the constitutional republic in 1936, took over the government of Spain after his victory in the Spanish Civil... more
- Age: 82
- Birthplace: Lazio, Europe, Eurasia, Province of Rome, Rome
- Sophia of Greece and Denmark (Greek: Σοφία, Spanish: Sofía; born 2 November 1938) is a member of the Spanish royal family who served as Queen of Spain during the reign of her husband, King Juan Carlos I, from 1975 to 2014. Queen Sofía is the first child of King Paul of Greece and Frederica of Hanover. As her family was forced into exile during the Second World War, she spent part of her childhood in South Africa, returning to Greece in 1946. She completed her secondary education in a boarding school in Germany before returning to Greece where she specialised in childcare, music and archaeology. She married Juan Carlos, son of the Spanish pretender Infante Juan, on 14 May 1962 with whom she... more
- Age: 81
- Birthplace: Psychiko, Greece