List of the members of the Vanderbilt family, listed alphabetically with photos when available. This list includes the names of each famous person in the Vanderbilt family, along with information like where each person was born. If you're doing research on historic members of the Vanderbilt family, then this list is the perfect jumping off point for finding out which notable people are included. The Vanderbilt family has held prominence in the world dating back many years, so it's no wonder that many people have a fascination with its members. While this is not an exact family tree, it does show a list of many popular members of the Vanderbilt family.
List includes Anderson Cooper, Amy Vanderbilt, Cornelius Vanderbilt, Gertrude Vanderbilt, Gloria Vanderbilt, plus much more. Featuring famous relatives, descendants still living today, and more, this list has it all.The information on this page of prominent Vanderbilt family members can help answer the questions, “Who was in the Vanderbilt family?” and "Who is part of the Vanderbilt family?
- Anderson Hays Cooper (born June 3, 1967) is an American journalist, television personality, and author. He is the primary anchor of the CNN news show Anderson Cooper 360°. The program is usually broadcast live from a New York City studio; however, Cooper often broadcasts live from CNN's studios in Washington, D.C., or on location for breaking news stories. In addition, he is a correspondent for 60 Minutes. From September 2011 to May 2013, he also served as host of his own eponymous syndicated daytime talk show, Anderson Live.... more
- Age: 54
- Birthplace: New York, New York, USA
Gloria VanderbiltGloria Laura Vanderbilt (February 20, 1924 – June 17, 2019) was an American artist, author, actress, fashion designer, heiress, and socialite. She was a member of the Vanderbilt family of New York and the mother of CNN television anchor Anderson Cooper. During the 1930s, she was the subject of a high-profile child custody trial in which her mother, Gloria Morgan Vanderbilt, and her paternal aunt, Gertrude Vanderbilt Whitney, each sought custody of her and control over her trust fund. Called the "trial of the century" by the press, the court proceedings were the subject of wide and sensational press coverage due to the wealth and prominence of the involved parties, and the scandalous... more
- Age: 97
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, USA
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainGertrude Vanderbilt Whitney was an American sculptor, art patron and collector, and founder in 1931 of the Whitney Museum of American Art in New York City. She was a prominent social figure and hostess, who was born into the wealthy Vanderbilt family and married into the Whitney family.... more
- Age: Dec. at 67 (1875-1942)
- Birthplace: New York City, New York
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainWilliam Henry "Billy" Vanderbilt (May 8, 1821 – December 8, 1885) was an American businessman and philanthropist. He was the eldest son of Commodore Cornelius Vanderbilt, an heir to his fortune and a prominent member of the Vanderbilt family. Vanderbilt became the richest American after he took over his father's fortune in 1877 until his own death in 1885, passing on a substantial part of the fortune to his wife and children, particularly to his sons Cornelius II and William. He inherited nearly $100 million from his father. The fortune had doubled when he died less than nine years later.... more
- Age: Dec. at 64 (1821-1885)
- Birthplace: New Brunswick, New Jersey