List of the best Mickey Rooney movies, ranked best to worst with movie trailers when available. Mickey Rooney's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world. The order of these top Mickey Rooney movies is decided by how many votes they receive, so only highly rated Mickey Rooney movies will be at the top of the list. Mickey Rooney has been in a lot of films, so people often debate each other over what the greatest Mickey Rooney movie of all time is. If you and a friend are arguing about this then use this list of the most entertaining Mickey Rooney films to end the squabble once and for all.
If you think the best Mickey Rooney role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest Mickey Rooney performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand.
The list you're viewing has a variety of films in it, like Officer 13 and How to Stuff a Wild Bikini."This list answers the questions, "What are the best Mickey Rooney movies?" and "What are the greatest Mickey Rooney roles of all time?"
Mickey Rooney worked with many famous directors, including big names like Orson Welles and Blake Edwards. If Mickey Rooney movies are your thing, then check out the greatest movies by Rod Steiger and Fred Gwynne too.
- Love Laughs at Andy Hardy is a 1946 American film released by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, directed by Willis Goldbeck and starring Mickey Rooney and Lewis Stone. The film is also known under its American ...more
- The devout but iron-willed Father Flanagan (Spencer Tracy) leads a community called Boys Town, a different sort of juvenile detention facility where, instead of being treated as underage criminals, ...more
- Father Edward Flanagan (Spencer Tracy), head of the Boys Town home for troubled boys, attends the trial of young Ted Martley (Larry Nunn), a paraplegic charged with murdering a guard at the Marysport ...more
- Naval Reservist pilot Lt. Harry Brubaker (William Holden) is stationed on an aircraft carrier in the Sea of Japan during the Korean War. Although suffering from battle fatigue and longing to return ...more
- A lighthouse keeper's (Mickey Rooney) daughter (Helen Reddy) befriends a runaway orphan (Sean Marshall) and his playmate, a great green dragon.
- Mickey Moran (Mickey Rooney) and Patsy Barton (Judy Garland) are aspiring entertainers and the children of vaudeville performers. Vaudeville is losing its popularity due to the success of the movie ...more
- Huckleberry Finn (Mickey Rooney) is a boy tired of society's rules. To avoid his abusive father, Huck escapes with Jim (Rex Ingram), a slave running away to avoid being sold down the river. The two ...more
- Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town is a 1970 stop motion television special, made by Rankin-Bass. The film stars actor Fred Astaire as the narrator S.D. Kluger, Mickey Rooney as Kris Kringle/Santa Claus, ...more
- The story begins during a massive traffic jam, caused by reckless driver Smiler Grogan (Jimmy Durante), who, before kicking the bucket, cryptically tells the assembled drivers that he's buried a ...more
- In the small town of Carvel, the family of Judge Hardy (Lewis Stone) welcome eldest daughter Marian (Cecilia Parker) back from New York but are dismayed when she takes up with the local "wolf." Hardy ...more
- Young Andy (Mickey Rooney) expects a somewhat less than merry Christmas when he discovers his girlfriend, Polly (Ann Rutherford), is leaving town for the holiday. Prospects improve after Andy's best ...more
- During the 1860s, Tom Edison (Mickey Rooney) is a precocious boy with a penchant for mischief. After setting off a smoke bomb, he is expelled from his school to the dismay of his father, Samuel ...more
- This movie is based on the true story of Bill Sackter (Mickey Rooney), a developmentally disabled adult who has been confined to an institution for most of his existence. The good-natured Bill ...more
- Requiem for a Heavyweight was a teleplay written by Rod Serling and produced for the live television show Playhouse 90 on 11 October 1956. Six years later, it was adapted as a 1962 feature film ...more
- When spoiled Harvey Cheyne (Freddie Bartholomew) is suspended from boarding school, his businessman father (Melvyn Douglas) takes him to Europe on a business trip. When the rebellious lad falls ...more
- Dismayed when his mother marries Englishman Roger Carlton (Ian Hunter), teenager Tim Dennis (Mickey Rooney) chafes at leaving America and his college football dreams to move to England. His mother ...more
- When Velvet Brown (Elizabeth Taylor), an equine-loving 12-year-old living in rural Sussex, becomes the owner of a rambunctious horse, she decides to train it for England's Grand National race. Aided ...more
- After high school graduation, Andy Hardy (Mickey Rooney) reconsiders going on to college to follow in the footsteps of his father, Judge James Hardy (Lewis Stone). Persuading his parents to allow him ...more
- A night watchman (Ben Stiller) at a museum of natural history makes a startling discovery: Thanks to the unleashing of an ancient Egyptian curse, the museum's animals, birds, bugs and other exhibits ...more
- Young Ceddie (Freddie Bartholomew) lives with his American mother. His long-dead father was a British earl disowned by his grandfather, the Earl of Dorincourt (C. Aubrey Smith), who disapproved of ...more
- During World War II, high school student Homer Macauley (Mickey Rooney) and his boss, Willie Grogan (Frank Morgan), pull their weight at the local telegraph office. Homer is dedicated and ...more
- Baby Face Nelson is a 1957 crime film noir based on the real-life 1930s gangster, directed by Don Siegel, co-written by Daniel Mainwaring—who also wrote the screenplay for Siegel's 1956 sci-fi ...more
- he Fox and the Hound is a 1981 American animated drama film based on the Daniel P. Mannix novel of the same name, produced by Walt Disney Productions and released in the United States on July 10, ...more
- The Black Stallion is a 1979 American film based on the 1941 classic children's novel The Black Stallion by Walter Farley. It tells the story of Alec Ramsay, who is shipwrecked on a deserted island ...more
- Young Andy Hardy (Mickey Rooney) is in his last year of high school, and final examinations are right around the corner. However, all Andy can think about is participating in school clubs. When his ...more