Thought he may not look it anymore, Mickey Rourke was once a heartthrob that every studio wanted to star in their pictures. This is a list of the best Mickey Rourke movies, ranked from best to worst. In the 1980s, he put his name on the map as the star of Diner, Rumble Fish, and the erotic drama 9½ Weeks. After a career as a boxer, he returned to Hollywood with roles in Sin City and Iron Man 2 and as the The Wrestler, for which he was nominated for an Oscar and won a Golden Globe. Mickey Rourke's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world. The order of these top Mickey Rourke movies is decided by how many votes they receive, so only highly rated Mickey Rourke movies will be at the top of the list. Mickey Rourke has been in a lot of films, so people often debate each other over what the greatest Mickey Rourke movie of all time is. If you and a friend are arguing about this then use this list of the most entertaining Mickey Rourke films to end the squabble once and for all.
If you think the best Mickey Rourke role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest Mickey Rourke performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand.
These films, like Buffalo '66 and Barfly include images when available."This list answers the questions, "What are the best Mickey Rourke movies?" and "What are the greatest Mickey Rourke roles of all time?"
Mickey Rourke is no stranger to working with popular directors, including Steven Spielberg, Quentin Tarantino and Tony Scott. Mickey Rourke has been in some really popular films, and is right up there with stars like Hulk Hogan and Russell Crowe in terms of fame and success.
- Robert De Niro, Mickey Rourke, Lisa BonetHarry Angel (Mickey Rourke) is a private detective contracted by Louis Cyphre (Robert De Niro) to track down the iconic singer Johnny Favorite. However, everybody that Angel questions about Favorite ...more
- Shyster lawyer Ned Racine (William Hurt) begins a passionate affair with Matty Walker (Kathleen Turner), wife of a wealthy Florida businessman (Richard Crenna). With the help of one of his criminal ...more
- Cousins Paulie (Eric Roberts) and Charlie (Mickey Rourke) plan to rob a merchant in the New York City neighborhood that's home to the restaurant where they work. When their scheme results in the ...more
- Barfly is a 1987 American film which is a semi-autobiography of poet/author Charles Bukowski during the time he spent drinking heavily in Los Angeles. The screenplay by Bukowski was commissioned by ...more
- Aging wrestler Randy "The Ram" Robinson (Mickey Rourke) is long past his prime but still ready and rarin' to go on the pro-wrestling circuit. After a particularly brutal beating, however, Randy hangs ...more
- Disaffected and restless, Rusty James (Matt Dillon) is spoiling for a fight. Abandoned by his mother and living with his alcoholic father (Dennis Hopper), he hangs out with his girlfriend, Patty ...more
- On the day of his retirement, detective Jerry Black (Jack Nicholson) accepts a gift -- an airline ticket to Mexico. But when the body of a murdered eight-year-old girl is discovered in the mountains, ...more
- Billy (Timothy Daly) returns home to Baltimore to serve as the best man at his upcoming wedding of his childhood buddy Eddie (Steve Guttenberg). In the meantime, he and Eddie get together with their ...more
- In this quartet of neo-noir tales, a mysterious salesman (Josh Hartnett) narrates a tragic story of co-dependency, while a musclebound vigilante (Mickey Rourke) tears his way through the criminal ...more
- Year of the Dragon is a 1985 neo-noiraction film directed by Michael Cimino, starring Mickey Rourke, Ariane Koizumi and John Lone. The screenplay was written by Cimino and Oliver Stone and adapted ...more
- Irish Republican Army member Martin Fallon (Mickey Rourke) rigs a bomb to destroy a British army convoy, but the plan goes wrong when the trucks allow a school bus to pass. Now, Fallon wants out. ...more
- Man on Fire is a 2004 American thriller film and the second adaptation of A. J. Quinnell's 1980 novel of the same name; the first film based on the novel was released in 1987. The 2004 film ...more
- Wow just thinking about this will turn you on . He is so good looking in this movie , you got to see it.
9 1/2 Weeks is an 1986 romantic drama film directed by Adrian Lyne and starring Kim Basinger and Mickey Rourke. It is based on the memoir of the same name by Elizabeth McNeill, about a New York City ...more
- A crook, given a new identity by reconstructive surgery, plots revenge against the gangsters who double-crossed him.
- The Rainmaker is a 1997 American drama film written and directed by Francis Ford Coppola and starring Matt Damon, based on the 1995 novel of the same name by John Grisham. Danny DeVito, Danny Glover, ...more
- With the world now aware that he is Iron Man, billionaire inventor Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) faces pressure from all sides to share his technology with the military. He is reluctant to divulge ...more
- Though only in his 20s, professional boxer Johnny Walker (Mickey Rourke) is on the downswing of his career and suffering from a mild form of brain damage. Resettling in the beachfront resort of ...more
- Sylvester Stallone plays Jack Carter, a Vegas mobster who comes home to Seattle to bury his brother after an apparent car accident. Once home he begins to believe that it may not have been an ...more
- Butch Stein (Mickey Rourke) is out of prison and back on the streets of Brooklyn, N.Y. A lifelong junkie, Butch quickly falls back into his old ways with best friend Lester (John Enos III). Then ...more
- Francesco is a 1989 docu-drama relating in flashback St. Francis of Assisi's evolution from rich man's son to religious humanitarian and finally to full-fledged saint. The film was based on Hermann ...more
- The Last Outlaw was a western released in 1994 starring Mickey Rourke, Dermot Mulroney, Ted Levine, Daniel Quinn, Gavan O'Herlihy, Keith David, John C. McGinley, and Steve Buscemi, along with a ...more
- Desperate Hours is a 1990 remake of the 1955 William Wyler crime drama of the same title. Both films are based on the novel by Joseph Hayes, who also co-wrote the script for this movie with Lawrence ...more
- The Expendables is a 2010 American ensemble action film written by David Callaham and Sylvester Stallone, and directed by Stallone, who also starred in the lead role. The film co-stars Jason Statham, ...more
- Small-town New Mexico sheriff Ray Dolezal (Willem Dafoe) stumbles upon a corpse clutching a suitcase containing half a million dollars. Assuming the dead man's identity in an effort to track down his ...more
- The damaged denizens of Sin City return for another round of stories from the mind of Frank Miller. In "Just Another Saturday Night," Marv (Mickey Rourke) struggles to recall a nasty run-in with some ...more