The Most Beautiful Places In America
List of the most beautiful places in America, as ranked by beauty lovers, Americans, and avid travelers. When compared to other countries and continents, America is relatively new. It doesn’t have the thousands of years of recorded history and colonization that many foreign countries do. Therefore, there are still plenty of natural wonders that are available to be explored throughout the entire country.
In the United States, there was a political initiative in the early 1900s that ensured that many forested and wildlife areas were protected as national parks. The US has 59 national parks, many of which are among the most beautiful spots in the world, thanks in part to the National Parks Service.
National parks like Yellowstone and Yosemite are some of the most breathtaking spots in the US, and many contain famous nature sites and natural wonders like the Grand Canyon in Arizona and the Kilauea Volcano in Hawaii. Other beautiful sites were man-made, such as the Capitol Building in Washington DC and the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco.
What are the most beautiful places in America? What is your favorite location in the great USA? Peruse this list to discover the top spots in the US to enjoy a gorgeous view and vote up your favorite American beauty.
- 1294 VOTESPhoto: Tobias Klenze / Wikimedia Commons / CC BY-SA 4.0
Montana's Glacier National Park was originally inhabited by Native Americans but became a park in 1910.
- 2263 VOTESPhoto: Brocken Inaglory / Wikimedia Commons / CC BY-SA 3.0
Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming was declared the first national park in the world in 1872, by President Ulysses S. Grant.
- 3260 VOTESPhoto: ID 12019 / Pixabay / Free for commercial use
Yosemite National Park in central California is most well-known for Half Dome and El Capitan.
- 4228 VOTESPhoto: Jon Sullivan, PD Photo / Wikimedia Commons / Public DomainWyoming's Grand Teton National Park was named after the tallest mountain in the Teton Range.
- 5269 VOTESPhoto: Murray Foubister / Wikimedia Commons / CC BY-SA 2.0The Grand Canyon in Arizona is one of the biggest tourist attractions in America. It was carved out by the Colorado River over millions of years.
- 6206 VOTESPhoto: Lucas Löffler / Wikimedia Commons / Public Domain
Antelope Canyon in Arizona offers a unique photo opportunity.