Celebrities, models, designers, stylists, and CEOs of the largest department stores are fashion trendsetters. This list contains some of the hottest and most influential people in the fashion industry. Whether it's Tyra Banks deciding whether or not you're still in the running to be America's Next Top Model, or it's the inventor of the ever so popular flab squishing Spanx, these people are making their marks on what we wear and how we wear it.
Fashion tells a story. It helps us express how we are feeling, how we want others to react to us and it also does a very important job. It makes us not naked. Without fashion we'd all be naked criminals running around exposing ourselves and probably most of us would be very, very cold. So thank goodness for clothes!
Fashion changes with the times and reflects what the culture deems as attractive or appropriate. These people are in charge of those terms. Check out this list for fashionistas, designers and clothing moguls alike! Be inspired and look fabulous!
- Yves Henri Donat Mathieu-Saint-Laurent (French: [iv sɛ̃ lɔʁɑ̃]; 1 August 1936 – 1 June 2008), professionally known as Yves Saint-Laurent, was a French fashion designer who, in 1961, founded his ...more
- Editor-in-chief, Vogue MagazineDame Anna Wintour (; born 3 November 1949) is a British-American journalist and editor who has been editor-in-chief of Vogue since 1988 and artistic director for Condé Nast, Vogue's publisher, since ...more
- French Fashion Designer and founder of the Chanel brandGabrielle Bonheur "Coco" Chanel (19 August 1883 – 10 January 1971) was a French fashion designer, businesswoman, and Nazi collaborator. The founder and namesake of the Chanel brand, she was credited ...more
- Miuccia Bianchi Prada (Italian pronunciation: [ˈmjuttʃa ˈpraːda]; born Maria Bianchi Italian pronunciation: [maˈriːa ˈbjaŋki]; 10 May 1949) is an Italian billionaire fashion designer and ...more
- Fashion DesignerLee Alexander McQueen, CBE (17 March 1969 – 11 February 2010) was a British fashion designer and couturier. He worked as chief designer at Givenchy from 1996 to 2001, and founded his own fort ...more
- Cristóbal Balenciaga Eizaguirre was a Spanish Basque fashion designer and the founder of the Balenciaga fashion house.
- Karl Otto Lagerfeld (German: [kaɐ̯l ˈlaːɡɐˌfɛlt]; 10 September 1933 – 19 February 2019) was a German creative director, fashion designer, artist, photographer, and caricaturist who lived in Paris.He ...more
- Fashion DesignerChristian Dior (French pronunciation: [kʁistjɑ̃ djɔːʁ]; 21 January 1905 – 24 October 1957) was a French fashion designer, best known as the founder of one of the world's top fashion houses, also ...more
- Count Hubert James Marcel Taffin de Givenchy (pronounced [ybɛʁ də ʒivɑ̃ʃi]; 20 February 1927 – 10 March 2018) was a French fashion designer who founded the house of Givenchy in 1952. He was famous ...more
- Giorgio Armani (Italian pronunciation: [ˈdʒordʒo arˈmaːni]; born 11 July 1934) is an Italian fashion designer. He is known today for his clean, tailored lines. He formed his company, Armani, in 1975, ...more
- Audrey Hepburn (born Audrey Kathleen Ruston; 4 May 1929 – 20 January 1993) was a British actress and humanitarian. Recognised as a film and fashion icon, Hepburn was active during Hollywood's Golden ...more
- Head Designer, Mark Jacobs InternationalMarc Jacobs (born April 9, 1963) is an American fashion designer. He is the head designer for his own fashion label, Marc Jacobs, and formerly Marc by Marc Jacobs, a diffusion line, which was ...more
- Fashion DesignerGiovanni Versace (Italian: [ˈdʒovanni verˈsaːtʃe]; 2 December 1946 – 15 July 1997) was an Italian fashion designer and founder of Versace, an international fashion house that produces accessories, ...more
- Dame Vivienne Isabel Westwood (née Swire; born 8 April 1941) is a British fashion designer and businesswoman, largely responsible for bringing modern punk and new wave fashions into the ...more
- Donatella Francesca Versace (born 2 May 1955) is an Italian fashion designer and the current chief creative officer of Versace, a division of Capri Holdings. Versace was founded by her brother, ...more
- Óscar Arístides Renta Fiallo (22 July 1932 – 20 October 2014), known professionally as Oscar de la Renta, was a Dominican-American fashion designer. Born in Santo Domingo, he was trained by Cristóbal ...more
- Italian-born French fashion designerPierre Cardin (2 July 1922 – 29 December 2020) was a French fashion designer. He was known for his avant-garde style and his Space Age designs. He prefered geometric shapes and motifs, often ignoring ...more
- Christian Louboutin (French: [kʁis.tjɑ̃ lu.bu.tɛ̃]; born 7 January 1964) is a French fashion designer whose high-end stiletto footwear incorporates shiny, red-lacquered soles that have become his ...more
- Spanish Fashion Designer of Women's High-end shoesManuel "Manolo" Blahnik Rodríguez (; born 27 November 1942), is a Spanish fashion designer and founder of the eponymous high-end shoe brand.
- ModelKatherine Ann Moss (born 16 January 1974) is an English model and businesswoman. Born in Croydon, Greater London, she was discovered in 1988 at age 14 by Sarah Doukas, founder of Storm Model ...more
- Valentino Clemente Ludovico Garavani (Italian pronunciation: [valenˈtiːno ɡaraˈvaːni]; born 11 May 1932), best known as just Valentino, is an Italian fashion designer, the founder of the Valentino ...more
- Diana, Princess of Wales (born Diana Frances Spencer; 1 July 1961 – 31 August 1997), was a member of the British royal family. She was the first wife of Charles, Prince of Wales, and the mother of ...more
- CEO, Polo Ralph LaurenRalph Lauren, KBE (né Lifshitz; born October 14, 1939) is an American fashion designer, philanthropist, and business executive, best known for the Ralph Lauren Corporation, a global ...more
- Jean-Paul Gaultier (French: [ʒɑ̃ pɔl ɡotje]; born 24 April 1952) is a French haute couture and prêt-à-porter fashion designer who, in 1982, founded his eponymous fashion label. From 2003 to 2010 he ...more
- Thomas Carlyle Ford (born August 27, 1961) is an American fashion designer and filmmaker. He launched his eponymous luxury brand in 2006, having previously served as the Creative Director at luxury ...more