The Most Offensive Best Picture Oscar Wins
Movies that won Best Picture oscars and didn't deserve them.
- Photo: Forrest Gump / Paramount PicturesI waited to watch this movie long after it hit DVD. God, how everyone raved about it... and that made me suspicious. Watched it and immediately lost whatever remained of my faith in the mainstream's taste levels.
- Photo: Miramax FilmsSee: Seinfeld, Elaine.
- Photo: Paramount PicturesSure the fight scenes were kind of good... but this movie's pacing made me want to kill myself. I GET that we needed to understand his relationship with Girl In Flowy Dress, but seriously...20 minutes? Did we have to watch them run around the woods together in realtime? Also... don't think it could have been more over the top in the end. Not actually possible to get much hammier than that. Oh, wait... Diane Lane's giant floating head in the sky at the end of Perfect Storm. That could possibly be hammier.
Aww, soft spot for this. It is what it is. But Best Picture? This movie beat Traffic? Sheesh.
- Photo: Universal Pictures
OMG, this is another movie that made me want to slit my wrists from boredom. Best Picture? Admittedly it was up against a weak field. Why wasn't Ghost World nommed that year?
- Photo: Shakespeare in Love
Again, not a bad movie. But it beat Saving Private Ryan... and as much as I dislike Benigni's hijinks, Life is Beautiful was kind of amazing.