Nothing's better than watching your very own creation come to life (though building up utopias and then watching them crumble is also pretty fun)! These building games are available right now in 2019 and are sure to fill that creative gap in your life. Which of these current building games are your favorites?
If your imagination runs wild, then games like Minecraft and Besiege are right up your alley. These games came out years ago and gamers are still creating new things. Maybe you enjoy designing and renovating your own home. If so, then you need to try games like The Sims 4 and House Flipper, which let you completely customize your living space.
Whether it's sustaining life on another planet with Surviving Mars or running a banana republic in Tropico 5, these building games will satisfy your hunger for creating. Vote up your favorite building games, and if there are any titles you think deserve recognition, go ahead and add them to the list.
- Minecraft is a sandbox independent video game originally created by Swedish programmer Markus "Notch" Persson and later developed and published by the Swedish company Mojang. The creative and ...more
- Cities: Skylines is a city-building game developed by Colossal Order and published by Paradox Interactive. The game is a single-player open-ended city-building simulation. Players engage in urban ...more
- Ark: Survival Evolved (stylized as ΛRK) is a 2017 action-adventure survival video game developed by Studio Wildcard in collaboration with Instinct Games, Efecto Studios, and Virtual Basement. In ...more
- Stardew Valley is an indie farming simulation role-playing video game developed by Eric "ConcernedApe" Barone and published by Chucklefish. The game was released for Microsoft Windows in February ...more
- Terraria is an action-adventure sandbox indie video game series, developed by game studio Re-Logic and released on Microsoft Windows, Xbox Live, PlayStation Network, Windows Phone, Android, and iOS. ...more
- Roblox, stylized as RŌBLOX, is a massively multiplayer online game created and marketed toward children and teenagers aged 8–18. In the game, players are able to create their own virtual world, in ...more
- The Sims 4 is a 2014 life simulation video game developed by Maxis and The Sims Studio and published by Electronic Arts. The Sims 4 was originally announced on May 6, 2013, and was released in North ...more
- Surviving Mars is a simulation video game developed by Bulgarian Haemimont Games and published by Paradox Interactive. It was released on Windows, OS X, Linux, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on March 15, ...more
- Tropico 6 is a construction, management and political simulation game in the Tropico series, developed by Limbic Entertainment, published by Kalypso Media. As in the other games in the series, the ...more
- SimCity is a city-building and urban planning simulation Massively multiplayer online game developed by Maxis, a subsidiary of Electronic Arts. Released for Microsoft Windows in early March 2013, it ...more
- Tropico 5 is a construction and management simulation video game developed by Haemimont Games and released on 23 May 2014. For the first time in the series the game features cooperative and ...more
- Jurassic World Evolution 2 is a single player business simulation game developed and published by Frontier Developments. The game was released for PlayStation 5, Xbox X/S, PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox ...more
- Don't Starve is a 2013 action-adventure video game with survival and roguelike elements, developed and published by the indie company Klei Entertainment. The game was initially released via Valve's ...more
- Banished is an upcoming city-building strategy game focused on careful resource management and survival as an isolated and growing society. The player guides citizens of a remote community of ...more
Rise of Industry
- Fortnite is a co-op sandbox survival game developed by Epic Games and People Can Fly, the former also publishing the game. The game was released as a paid early access title for Microsoft Windows, ...more