Since Dracula, many vampires portrayed in media, pop culture and literature have been male. However, the allure of the female vampire is perhaps what made vampires more popular today, and there many strong female vampire characters if you know where to look. From Bella Swan of Twilight and many other girls who are vampires, being a vampire isn't just for guys anymore.
- Photo: The Vampire Lovers / American International Pictures
- Photo: Underworld / Screen Gems
- Photo: The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 / Lionsgate
- Photo: Dynamite Entertainment
- Photo: Majesco Entertainment
- Photo: The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen / 20th Century Fox