For those who love feeling perplexed but challenged for hours on end, we're ranking the most popular puzzle games in 2019. These are mostly new puzzle games that people are playing, but that doesn't mean popular classics can't pop up on the list. These current puzzle games are ranked by your votes, so don't be shy about expressing your opinion about each game by voting it up or down.
You might not think it at first glance, but games like Shadow of the Tomb Raider, which center around action and adventure, are awash with puzzles. In fact, the game is impossible to complete without scratching your head a few times in perplexed wonderment while trying to accomplish the various puzzle challenges along the way. If a more classically themed puzzle game is your style, check out Human: Fall Flat, an addictive puzzle platformer that's sure to suck up hours of your time with its fun and challenging physics puzzles!
Vote up the best puzzle games everyone should be playing in 2019, and check back for updates as new puzzle titles are released throughout the year.
- Portal 2 is a 2011 first-person puzzle-platform video game developed and published by Valve Corporation. It is the sequel to Portal and was released on April 19, 2011, for Microsoft Windows, OS X, ...more
- Resident Evil 2 is a survival horror game developed and published by Capcom. A remake of Resident Evil 2 (1998), it follows rookie police officer Leon S. Kennedy and college student Claire Redfield ...more
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider is an action-adventure video game developed by Eidos Montréal in conjunction with Crystal Dynamics and published by Square Enix. It is the third entry of the rebooted Tomb ...more
- Rise of the Tomb Raider is an upcoming action-adventure video game and the sequel to the 2013 video game Tomb Raider. The game is developed by Crystal Dynamics, and published by Microsoft Studios.
- Hitman 2 is a stealth video game developed by IO Interactive and published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. It is the seventh entry in the ...more
- Baba Is You is a puzzle video game created by Finnish indie developer Arvi Teikari (known professionally as Hempuli). It was released 13 March 2019 for PC and Nintendo Switch. The game centres around ...more
- Human: Fall Flat is a platform-puzzle video game developed by No Brakes Games and published by Curve Digital. It was released for Microsoft Windows in July 2016, with PlayStation 4 and Xbox One ...more
- The Witness is an upcoming 3D puzzle video game by Thekla, Inc. The game was announced in August 2009 for PC and iOS; though designer Jonathan Blow had initially intended to create versions for the ...more
- Opus Magnum is a puzzle-based programming game developed by Zachtronics. It was released for Microsoft Windows, Linux and macOS in December 2017, following about two months of early access. In the ...more
- Tetris 99 is a free online multiplayer version of the tile-laying puzzle game Tetris, developed by Arika and published by Nintendo for the Nintendo Switch in February 2019. Incorporating elements of ...more
Marvel Puzzle Quest
- Donut County is an indie video game developed by Ben Esposito and published by Annapurna Interactive. In Donut County, the players control a hole across several different levels. As players move the ...more
- The 7th Guest, produced by Trilobyte and originally released by Virgin Games in 1993, is an interactive movie puzzle adventure game. It was one of the first computer video games to be released only ...more
Return of the Obra Dinn
- Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido is an action-puzzle video game developed and published by Nintendo, in cooperation with indieszero. The game was released worldwide for the Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo ...more
- BattleBlock Theater is a platform game developed by The Behemoth and published by Microsoft Studios for Xbox 360, Windows, and Linux. It is the third title from The Behemoth following Alien Hominid ...more
- Dr. Mario World is a match-three mobile game developed and published by Nintendo in collaboration with Line Corporation and NHN Entertainment. It was released for Android and iOS platforms on July 9, ...more
- Puyo Puyo Tetris (ぷよぷよテトリス Puyopuyo Tetorisu) is a puzzle video game developed by Sonic Team and published by Sega. The game is a crossover between the Puyo Puyo series and the Tetris franchise, and ...more
- Pikuniku is a puzzle adventure video game developed by French-British indie collective Sectordub and published by Devolver Digital, that was released on January 24, 2019 for Linux, macOS, Nintendo ...more
- Observation is an adventure-puzzle video game developed by Scottish studio No Code and published by Devolver Digital. The game, described as sci-fi thriller, puts the player in control of a space ...more