Ever wonder who makes the list of world famous entrepreneurs? These are the profiles of the most popular entrepreneurs that are worth emulating, chosen for this list and ranked loosely by popular opinion as well as clear business success metrics. These business leaders are from diverse domains and at top of their fields and are great role models as well as being some of the most well known people on the planet.
Who are the most successful businessmen in the world? All of these examples of top entrepreneurs are unique in that they believed in themselves mostly since they were kids and worked towards that goal to success and fame.
Founder of Amazon.com, Jeff Bezos has an approximate net worth of $159.6 billion in September 2018, doubling his net worth from just 12 months prior and making him the richest person in the world.
- Age: 56
- Birthplace: Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States of America
- Profession: Businessperson, Entrepreneur
- Photo: Paolo Bona / Shutterstock
Microsoft founder Gates is the second richest person in the world, with a net worth of over $90 billion in September 2018.
He intends to give away virtually all of his wealth.
- Age: 64
- Birthplace: Seattle, Washington, United States of America
- Profession: Programmer, Software Architect, Businessperson, Investor, Entrepreneur
Oracle founder and CEO, Ellison is now a full-time philanthropist with a net worth of $58.5 billion in March 2018, making him the 10th richest person in the world.
He pledged $200 million for a cancer treatment center to the University of Southern California in 2016.
- Age: 74
- Birthplace: Lower East Side, New York City, New York, United States of America
- Profession: Businessperson, Investor, Entrepreneur
Google co-founder Brin has a net worth of $47.5 billion in March 2018, making him the 13th wealthiest person in the world.
- Age: 45
- Birthplace: Moscow, Russia
- Profession: Executive Management, Businessperson, Entrepreneur, Computer scientist, Internet Entrepreneur