Out of the many models who have tried breaking into Hollywood, here are the most successful model-turned-actresses. From the runway to the red carpet, some of the world's biggest supermodels have built successful acting careers. Which actresses who were models first are movie stars?
A model at 13 years old, Italian actress Monica Bellucci was nominated for a César Award for her performance in the 1996 film The Apartment. Since then, she went on to star in blockbusters, such as The Matrix Reloaded and The Passion of the Christ, and became a "Bond girl" in Spectre. Other models who became actresses in recent years include Cara Delevingne, Emily Ratajkowski, Kate Upton, and Abbey Lee.
Vote up the best female models who have acted in movies and TV based on their Hollywood careers.
- Milica Bogdanovna "Milla" Jovovich ( YOH-və-vitch; born December 17, 1975) is an American actress, model, and musician. Her starring roles in numerous science fiction and action films led the music channel VH1 to deem her the "reigning queen of kick-butt" in 2006. In 2004, Forbes determined that she was the highest-paid model in the world.Born in Kiev, Ukrainian SSR, Soviet Union, Jovovich emigrated with her parents to London when she was five, and then to Sacramento, California; she finally settled in Los Angeles seven months later. In 1987, at the age of 12, she began modeling when Herb Ritts photographed her for the cover of the Italian magazine Lei. Richard Avedon featured her in... more
7020Is this model a Hollywood star?
- Age: 44
- Credits: Resident Evil franchise, The Fifth Element, Ultraviolet, Dirty Girl, Zoolander 2
- Tricia Janine Helfer (born April 11, 1974) is a Canadian actress, voice actress and former model. She is best known for playing the Cylon model Number Six in Ronald D. Moore's re-imagined Battlestar Galactica series (2004–2009) and voicing Sarah Kerrigan in the StarCraft video games (2010–2015). She most recently played Charlotte Richards / Mom on the FOX series Lucifer (2016–2018).... more
7525Is this model a Hollywood star?
- Age: 46
- Credits: Battlestar Galactica, Burn Notice, Dark Blue, Lucifer, Operation Christmas
- Diane Kruger (née Heidkrüger; German pronunciation: [diˈa:nə ˈkru:ɡɐ]; born 15 July 1976) is a German-American actress and former fashion model. She is known for roles such as Helen in the epic war film Troy (2004), Dr. Abigail Chase in the heist film National Treasure (2004) and its sequel (2007), Bridget von Hammersmark in Quentin Tarantino's war film Inglourious Basterds (2009), and Gina in the psychological thriller film Unknown (2011). She also starred as Detective Sonya Cross in the FX crime drama series The Bridge (2013–14). In 2017, she made her German-language debut in Fatih Akin's In the Fade, for which she won the Cannes Film Festival Award for Best Actress and Satellite Award... more
5321Is this model a Hollywood star?
- Age: 44
- Credits: Inglourious Basterds, National Treasure: Book of Secrets, National Treasure, Unknown, In the Fade
- Olga Konstiantinivna Kurylenko (born 14 November 1979) is a French-Ukrainian actress and model.She was discovered as a model in Moscow at the age of 13. She moved to Paris to pursue a modelling career at the age of 16 and started her acting career in 2005. She found success as an actress for her role as Nika Boronina in the movie adaptation of the video game Hitman (2007), and then rose to fame by playing Bond girl Camille Montes in the 22nd James Bond film, Quantum of Solace (2008). More recently she starred in Stephen S. Campanelli's Momentum (2015), Terrence Malick's To the Wonder (2012), alongside Tom Cruise in Oblivion (2013), with Russell Crowe in The Water Diviner (2014) and... more
4222Is this model a Hollywood star?
- Age: 40
- Credits: Oblivion, Quantum of Solace, Hitman, Vampire Academy, The Man Who Killed Don Quixote