Out of the many models who have tried breaking into Hollywood, here are the most successful model-turned-actresses. From the runway to the red carpet, some of the world's biggest supermodels have built successful acting careers. Which actresses who were models first are movie stars?
A model at 13 years old, Italian actress Monica Bellucci was nominated for a César Award for her performance in the 1996 film The Apartment. Since then, she went on to star in blockbusters, such as The Matrix Reloaded and The Passion of the Christ, and became a "Bond girl" in Spectre. Other models who became actresses in recent years include Cara Delevingne, Emily Ratajkowski, Kate Upton, and Abbey Lee.
Vote up the best female models who have acted in movies and TV based on their Hollywood careers.
- Famke Beumer Janssen (Dutch: [ˈfɑmkə ˈjɑnsə(n)]; born c. 1964) is a Dutch actress, director, screenwriter, and former fashion model. She played Xenia Onatopp in GoldenEye (1995), Jean Grey / Phoenix in the X-Men film series (2000–2014), Ava Moore on Nip/Tuck, and Lenore Mills in the Taken film trilogy (2008–2014). In 2008, she was appointed a Goodwill Ambassador for Integrity by the United Nations. She made her directorial debut with Bringing Up Bobby in 2011. She is also known for her role in the Netflix original series Hemlock Grove and for her role in ABC's How to Get Away with Murder. Janssen starred in the 2017 NBC crime thriller The Blacklist: Redemption.... more
10324Is this model a Hollywood star?
- Age: 50
- Credits: X-Men: The Last Stand, Goldeneye, X-Men, House on Haunted Hill, The Blacklist
- Rebecca Alie Romijn ( roh-MAYN; Dutch: [roːˈmɛin]; born November 6, 1972) is an American actress and former model. She is known for her role as Mystique in the trilogy of the X-Men film series, and as Joan from The Punisher (2004), both of which are based on Marvel Comics. She also had a recurring role as Alexis Meade on the television series Ugly Betty. Recent major roles include as Eve Baird on the TNT series The Librarians, which ran for four seasons, and as the host of the game show Skin Wars.... more
9422Is this model a Hollywood star?
- Age: 47
- Credits: X-Men, Femme Fatale, X-Men 2, X-Men: The Last Stand, Carter
- Rosalie Anderson MacDowell (born April 21, 1958) is an American actress and fashion model. She made her film debut in 1984's Greystoke: The Legend of Tarzan, Lord of the Apes, before receiving critical acclaim for her role in Sex, Lies, and Videotape (1989), for which she won Independent Spirit Award for Best Female Lead and was nominated for a Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Motion Picture Drama. MacDowell starred in several notable films, including Golden Globe Award-nominated performances in Green Card (1990) and Four Weddings and a Funeral (1994), as well as Groundhog Day (1993), Short Cuts (1993), Michael (1996) and Multiplicity (1996). She also had roles in a number of less... more
8622Is this model a Hollywood star?
- Age: 57
- Credits: Sex, Lies, and Videotape, Groundhog Day, Four Weddings and a Funeral
- Brooke Christa Shields (born May 31, 1965) is an American actress and model. She was initially a child model and gained critical acclaim at age 12 for her leading role in Louis Malle's film Pretty Baby (1978), in which she played a child prostitute in New Orleans at the beginning of the 20th century. Shields garnered widespread notoriety in the role, and she continued to model into her late teenage years and starred in several dramas in the 1980s, including The Blue Lagoon (1980), and Franco Zeffirelli's Endless Love (1981). In 1983, Shields suspended her career as a model to attend Princeton University, where she graduated with a bachelor's degree in Romance Languages. In the 1990s,... more
7715Is this model a Hollywood star?
- Age: 55
- Credits: The Blue Lagoon, Pretty Baby, Suddenly Susan, Endless Love, Jane the Virgin