While some DJs quickly blast up to the top of the charts after one release, others remain under the radar for far too long. This list of underrated DJs includes Ibiza favorites, producing geniuses, and everyone in between. Some of the most underrated DJs of 2019 are already having a breakout year by heading out on buzzworthy tours and releasing highly anticipated new albums.
Industry icons like Black Coffee and DJ Lag are among some of the hottest DJs in 2019. British DJ Madam X is also returning to America in 2019, setting her up to go from underrated to superstar this year. DJ duo Bedouin –Tamer Malki and Rami Abousabe – will be performing at festivals across the globe, including Fondation Caprices Festival 2019 in Switzerland and Mexico's RHA Festival.
Which underrated DJ acts do you think deserve more attention in 2019? Vote your favorite underrated 2019 DJ up to the top of this list and be sure to add any artists we may have missed.
- 339Dan Griffith, known by his stage name Gryffin (often stylized as GRYFFIN), is an American DJ, record producer and musician. He gained recognition for remixing some well-known songs such as Tove Lo's... more
Albums: Revolution (Remixes), Revolution, The Bottle Song (The Remixes), Sending My Love, PrutataaaFadil El Ghoul (born 2 April 1986), better known by his stage name R3hab, is a Dutch DJ and record producer of Moroccan origin. Till date, R3hab has produced two full studio albums, Trouble and The... more
- 2518Felix De Laet (born 30 November 1993), known by his stage name Lost Frequencies, is a Belgian DJ and record producer. He is best known for his singles "Are You with Me" in 2014 and "Reality" in 2015... more
- 1116Alexandra Sholler (born 27 September 1986), who performs as Alison Wonderland, is an Australian electronic dance music producer, DJ, and singer. Her debut album, Run, was released on 20 March 2015,... more
- 57Masoud is an Iranian trance music producer, Artist and DJ lives in Bandar-e Anzali, Iran he is known for leading Trance music artist community in Iran.... more
Albums: Different Faces, Popular Music, Skeleton EP, Volcano, World Class DriverTaelor Deitcher, better known by his stage name Felix Cartal, is a Canadian electronic music producer and DJ. He released his first EP Skeleton in 2009 once he signed with Dim Mak Records. Since then... more
DJ LagDace, Electronic
DJ Lag is a dance/electronic artists hailing from South Africa. He made his global debut in 2016 when he was only 21 years old.
- 1323Black Coffee (born March 11, 1972) is a South African DJ, record producer. whose real name is Nkosinathi Innocent Maphumulo. Black Coffee became prominent after participating in the 2004 Red Bull... more
Anja SchneiderElectronic, Techno
Albums: Lily of the Valley, Back to Back, Loop De Mer, Beyond the Valley, Side Leaps Remixes / Rancho Relaxo RemixesAnja Schneider is a DJ, producer, radio producer, and label owner in the field of electronic dance music. In 1994, Anja Schneider moved to Berlin and started at the private radio station Kiss FM .... more
Albums: Anjunadeep: 04, Multiverse, Moments of Confusion Between Man and Dog, Anjundeep 100 - The Collaborations EP, Labour of LoveJames Cayzer, better known by his stage name Jaytech, (not to be confused with Youtuber Jaytech) is an Australian electronic music producer, DJ, and a trained pianist.... more
BedouinTechno, Desert sound
Brooklyn-based group Bedouin is the collaboration of DJs Tamer Malki and Rami Abousabe. They released their first EP, Mirage, in 2014.
- 821Kateryna Kremko, known professionally as Miss K8, is a DJ and producer from Kiev, Ukraine. She released her debut single in 2012 titled "Unforgettable", which was released on the Masters of Hardcore... more
- 823Marea Stamper, better known as The Black Madonna, is a Dj and producer who became known as the first ever creative director at the renowned Chicago based club Smart Bar. She is best known for her... more
- 418Thomas Hoeflaak, performing as Toyax, is a Dutch DJ. In 2008 Toyax released his first track Just Before I Left on the label Tektra Music.... more
UcastUplifting trance, Tech tranceAlexei Tsygankov. better known by his stage name UCast, is a Belarusian trance DJ and producer from Minsk.... more
Albums: Or, Intimités, First Album, Calling from the Stars, BatboxCaroline Hervé (born 1973), better known by her stage name Miss Kittin, is a French electronic music producer, DJ, singer, and songwriter. Since rising to prominence in 1998 for her singles "1982"... more
- 318Azotti (Yuri Denisenko) born February 23, 1985, is a Ukrainian electronic dance music DJ and Sound Producer. His tracks have been repeatedly supported by top DJ's such as Armin van Buuren, Paul van... more
Albums: 5 Wishes & More, The Labyrinth, Neon, Viola, Closer to MeChab is the stage name used by Swiss trance music producer and remixer François Chabloz. Known for his progressive trance style, Chabloz has an extensive history as a remixer and he has also... more
Albums: Mr Jones, Moses / Headphones, I'm Week, Best Friend (DVS1 Remixes), Pain in the AssNina Kraviz (born October 15, 1981) is a Russian DJ, producer, and singer. Kraviz was born and raised in Irkutsk, Siberia, Russia. She studied dentistry at the age of 19 in Moscow, where she later... more
Maya Jane ColesDeep house, Tech house
Albums: DJ-Kicks: Maya Jane Coles, Fabric 75, Comfort, Heidi presents Jackathon Jams featuring Maya Jane Coles, Miss Kittin and tINIMaya Jane Coles is a music producer, audio engineer and DJ based in the United Kingdom, born in London of British and Japanese descent. Under her real name, she mostly composes and plays house music,... more
Albums: A State of Trance 550, Unfold (The Remixes), Never Fade Away, Something to Live For, Bring Back the SunJohn O'Callaghan is an Irish musician and DJ, mainly producing trance music. He also produces music under the alias of Joint Operations Centre, Mannix, Henrik Zuberstein and Stenna. He has also... more
Albums: Annie Mac Presents 2011, Annie Mac Presents 2012, A to Z: Annie Mac, Annie Mac Presents 2010, Annie Mac PresentsAnnie MacManus (born 18 July 1978), popularly known as Annie Mac, is an Irish DJ and television presenter. She is known as the eponymous host of the electronic dance music show Annie Mac on BBC Radio... more