Good movies that mothers can watch with their daughters can be important for bonding time. The best mother-daughter movies come in many forms. Some mother daughter relationship movies are about struggle while other movies about mothers and daughters are comedies. A few of the greatest movies about mothers and daughters are even a bit on the creepy side. Some mother-daughter movies are even great movies to watch on Mother's day.
What films will you find on this best mother-daughter movie list? Grab the tissues before putting on the great mother daughter film, Terms of Endearment. Shirley MacLaine took home an Oscar for her role as a mother whose love for her daughter is eternal. Stepmom, starring Julia Roberts and Susan Sarandon, is another one of the greatest mother-daughter movies.
Cher captivated audiences as a single mother raising two girls in the 1990 movie, Mermaids. Other good films that appear on this top mother-daughter movie list include Mommy Dearest, Freaky Friday, and The Joy Luck Club.
Do you have a favorite films about moms and daughters? Give the best mom-daughter films a thumbs up and share some of your favorite scenes in the comments section.
- 23958Mamma Mia! is a 2008 British/American/Swedish musical/romantic comedy film adapted from the... more
- 18642Freaky Friday is a 2003 comedy film based on the novel of the same name by Mary Rodgers. It... more
- 16739Stepmom is a 1998 comedy-drama directed by Chris Columbus and starring Julia Roberts, Susan... more
- 14736Terms of Endearment is a 1983 comedy-drama film adapted from the novel of the same name by... more
- 14941Freaky Friday is a 1976 American fantasy comedy film directed by Gary Nelson and starring... more
- 13835My Sisters's Keeper is a 2009 American drama film directed by Nick Cassavetes and starring... more
- 11021This film is a 1989 adventure comedy film. Produced by Weintraub Entertainment Group and... more
- 13738Mermaids is a 1990 American comedy-drama film directed by Richard Benjamin and starring Cher,... more
- 11424Sense and Sensibility is a 1995 British–American period drama film directed by Ang Lee and... more
- 11124Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood is a 2002 American comedy-drama film starring an... more
- 10923The Joy Luck Club is a 1993 American film about the relationships between Chinese-American... more
- 13544Little Miss Sunshine is a 2006 American comedy-drama road film and the directorial film debut... more
- 10625Moonstruck is a 1987 American romantic comedy film directed by Norman Jewison and written by... more
- 10931Thirteen is a 2003 semi-autobiographical American drama film directed by Catherine Hardwicke,... more
Georgia RuleLindsay Lohan, Jane FondaGeorgia Rule is a 2007 American comedy-drama film directed by Garry Marshall and starring Jane... more
- 9020A Patch of Blue is a 1965 American drama film directed by Guy Green about the relationship... more
- 8823This Is My Life is a 1992 film that marked the directorial debut of screenwriter Nora Ephron.... more
- 9428White Oleander is a 2002 American drama film directed by Peter Kosminsky. The cast features... more
- 9633Coraline is a 2009 American stop-motion animated 3D dark fantasy film based on Neil Gaiman's... more
- 9539Black Swan is a 2010 American psychological thriller-horror film directed by Darren Aronofsky... more
- 10859Panic Room is a 2002 American thriller film directed by David Fincher and written by David... more
- 3711Lady Bird is a 2017 American comedy-drama film directed by Greta Gerwig. The adventures of a... more
- 98Imitation of Life is a 1959 American romantic drama film directed by Douglas Sirk, produced by... more
- 89The Edge of Seventeen (originally titled Besties) is a 2016 American comedy-drama film... more
- 42Rattlesnake is a 2019 American crime drama mystery film directed by Zak Hilditch. A single... more