Sometimes the best heroes come from the worst places. Nothing creates drama quite like a story's hero discovering that their one true villain is secretly their father. Suddenly, with one small reveal, loyalties never previously questioned are tested and strained.
You either grow up to become your parents, or you grow up to become the complete opposite in retaliation for a harsh upbringing. Sometimes an abused person continues that cycle of abuse, but sometimes they internalize that hardship and realize that the last thing they ever want to do is cause similar harm to another person. Luke Skywalker, Hellboy, and many others may only have their incredible powers because they were passed down by evildoers, but that doesn't mean they can't turn around and use those powers for good.
- 191 VOTESPhoto: Matilda / Sony Pictures Releasing
- 2103 VOTESPhoto: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 / Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures
- 396 VOTESPhoto: The Shining / Warner Bros.
- 4110 VOTESPhoto: Avengers: Infinity War / Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures
- 580 VOTESPhoto: Hellboy / Sony Pictures Releasing
- 657 VOTESPhoto: It / Warner Bros. Pictures