It’s unfortunate that, in the movie biz, selling sex is just as important, if not more so, than making a good film. But that’s Hollywood, baby. The objectification of actresses goes far beyond the unhealthy beauty standards women are held to and straight to advertising. Ridiculously photoshopped actresses in movie posters aren’t anything new, but some instances go beyond the pale in terms of the unnecessary work done to the bodies of women used in a film’s promotional art. It’s almost as if film distributors believe the movie-going public is composed of pitchfork-wielding villagers and an unretouched actress on a poster is Frankstein's monster.
Prior to wildly photoshopped movie posters, most onesheets were illustrated, or featured airbrushed stills from a film. Now that key art can be digitally enhanced to an absurd degree, the hypersexualization of movie posters has become the thing to do when promoting a film. Sexist movie poster photoshopping often contains some of the least realistic touch-ups you’ll ever seen. For instance, every actress suddenly has ginormous breasts (including the underage gals – very upsetting), and heaven forbid women have wrinkles.
Thanks to computers and a few pervs who specialize in fixing women’s bodies for them, movie posters will never be ugly again. Keep reading and vote up the most heinously photoshopped women in movie posters.
- Photo: Buena Vista Pictures
416224Is this ridiculous?
- Actors: Keira Knightley, Clive Owen, Ray Winstone, Mads Mikkelsen, Ioan Gruffudd
- Released: 2004
- Photo: Warner Bros. Pictures
207119Is this ridiculous?
- Actors: Malin Åkerman, Carla Gugino, Billy Crudup, Jackie Earle Haley, Jeffrey Dean Morgan
- Released: 2009
- Photo: 20th Century Fox
241172Is this ridiculous?
- Actors: Jennifer Garner, Jason Isaacs, Terence Stamp, Kirsten Prout, Natassia Malthe
- Released: 2005
- Photo: Summit Entertainment
170131Is this ridiculous?
- Actors: Gerard Butler, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Geoffrey Rush, Brenton Thwaites, Courtney Eaton
- Released: 2016