A wide range of hilarity and emotion can be found in films about men raising kids as single parents. The best single father movies have a lot of heart as the lead characters bond with children over the course of the movie. This is a list of the top movies about raising children including everything from The Pursuit of Happyness to Mr. Mom to The Family Man.
What films will you find on this list of the best movies about men raising children? Not all of these flicks aim for the heartstrings – Big Daddy sets its sights on the funnybone. Sonny Koufax (Adam Sandler) didn't have any intentions of becoming a father, but a series of unexpected circumstances finds him fighting for custody of a 5-year-old boy. About a Boy, starring Hugh Grant, is another one of the best movies about men raising children. In Captain Fantastic, a single-father employs some quirky methods to raise his large family. Other good films featured on this roundup include Daddy Daycare, The Boys are Back, and Delivery Man.Do you have a favorite single father movie? Give the best films a thumbs up and add any great films that are missing.
- Jack's lavish, fast-paced lifestyle changes one Christmas night when he stumbles into a grocery store holdup and disarms the gunman. The next morning he wakes up in bed lying next to Kate (Tea ...more
- Bill (James Belushi) is a penniless drifter who scams strangers out of just enough money to feed himself and his partner in crime, an orphan girl known as Curly Sue (Alisan Porter). Bill and Curly ...more
- A woman who has supernatural abilities must save a possessed girl.
- Light of My Life is a 2019 American drama film directed by Casey Affleck. A father (Casey Affleck) and his young daughter (Anna Pniowsky) find themselves trapped in the woods.
- Manchester by the Sea is a 2016 American drama film directed and written by Kenneth Lonergan. After the death of his older brother Joe (Kyle Chandler), Lee Chandler (Casey Affleck) is shocked to ...more
- The Bouncer is a 2018 French action thriller film directed by Julien Leclercq. Struggling through life to raise his young daughter, an aging nightclub bouncer (Jean-Claude Van Damme) is asked by the ...more
- RV is a 2006 American road comedy film directed by Barry Sonnenfeld, produced by Lucy Fisher and Douglas Wick, written by Geoff Rodkey, and starring Robin Williams, Jeff Daniels, Cheryl Hines, ...more
- After the untimely passing of his second wife, Joe (Clive Owen) must deal with his grief as he strives to find a way to raise his sons alone. The boys, Artie and Harry, are trying to cope with their ...more
- Freaks is a 2018 American-Canadian science fiction thriller film directed by Zach Lipovsky and Adam B. Stein. 7-year-old Chloe (Lexy Kolker) escapes from her paranoid father (Emile Hirsch) to find a ...more
- Manhattan broker Michael Cromwell (Tim Allen) is engaged to fiancée Charlotte (Lolita Davidovich) but needs a divorce from his estranged wife, Patricia (JoBeth Williams), who's been living in the ...more
- Con man Ray Gleason (Ted Danson) is going after one last heist -- a stash of rare coins -- when his estranged son, Timmy (Macaulay Culkin), unexpectedly shows up. Ray is too busy with his robbery to ...more
- A teenage girl's love letters are exposed and wreak havoc on her life.
- Amiable slacker David Wozniak (Vince Vaughn) drives a delivery truck for his family's company and is content with a life of mediocrity. However, when he learns that he is the biological father of ...more
- Spurred on by their wives' insistence that their children attend summer camp, daycare entrepreneurs Charlie Hinton (Cuba Gooding Jr.) and his friend Phil (Paul Rae) decide to buy their dilapidated ...more
- As a child, Phil Weston (Will Ferrell) was never able to live up to the demands of his overbearing father, Buck (Robert Duvall), who wanted Phil to be an athlete. Now a parent himself, Phil has ...more
- Long past his soccer-playing heyday, George Dryer (Gerard Butler) is struggling financially and failing in his attempt to reconcile with his ex-wife, Stacie (Jessica Biel), and young son, Lewis (Noah ...more