Determining the best movies about millennials really isn't easy, as they're a tough generation to cover. While entitled, opinionated, and lazy are some common terms used to describe them, millennials are also known to be well educated and motivated—and they know that what they like. Nevertheless, some movies completely nail it when depicting the millennial stereotype and the kind of people they are. The films to follow are just a few great examples of how most of society views this complicated, meme-loving generation.
Considering the common take on millennials, films like Neighbors portray them quite well in this sense. Loud, obnoxious, and "just here to party" are just a few ways to describe the modern college kid, and so is the subject of this hilarious comedy. Then you have movies like Bad Moms, which shows another side of millennials. You know, hip, health conscious, and strong willed. Of course, we can't forget the darker side of millennials—the depressed and anxiety-filled side—displayed in the dramedy, The Edge of Seventeen. As it turns out, millennials aren't really all that hard to capture on film.
So, what movies about millennials have done it best? Vote up your favorites from the list below and vote any down that you feel "just don't get you".
Looking for more movies that define a generation? Check this list of the best Gen Z movies.
- 19073The Perks of Being a Wallflower is a 2012 American coming-of-age comedy-drama film, and an... more
- 15470Superbad is a 2007 American teen comedy film directed by Greg Mottola and starring Jonah Hill... more
- 15083Juno is a 2007 Canadian-American comedy-drama film directed by Jason Reitman and written by... more
- 1196221 Jump Street is a 2012 American action comedy film directed by Phil Lord and Christopher... more
- 11264Neighbors is a 2014 American comedy film, directed by Nicholas Stoller and written by Andrew... more
- 11367Scott Pilgrim vs. the World is a 2010 comedy film co-written, produced and directed by Edgar... more
The First TimeVictoria Justice, Molly QuinnThe First Time is a 2012 teen romantic comedy film written and directed by Jon Kasdan and... more
- 11182The DUFF is a 2015 American teen comedy film directed by Ari Sandel, based on the novel by... more
- 9769Nerve is a 2016 American thriller film directed by Henry Joost and Ariel Schulman, based on... more
- 11690The Fault in Our Stars is a 2014 American romantic drama film directed by Josh Boone, based on... more
- 4922The Kings of Summer is a 2013 American comedy film directed by Jordan Vogt-Roberts. Three... more
- 5833(500) Days of Summer is a 2009 American romantic comedy-drama film by first time director Marc... more
- 9673Now You See Me is a 2013 American thriller film directed by Louis Leterrier. An F.B.I. Agent... more
- 5532The Social Network is a 2010 American drama film directed by David Fincher and written by... more
- 8262Lady Bird is a 2017 American comedy-drama film directed by Greta Gerwig. The adventures of a... more
- 8268Bad Moms is a 2016 American comedy film directed by Jon Lucas and Scott Moore. When three... more
- 5538The Spectacular Now is a 2013 American romantic comedy-drama film directed by James Ponsoldt,... more
- 7061Dear White People is a 2014 American satirical comedy-drama film written and directed by... more
- 2814The Art of Getting By is a 2011 romantic comedy-drama film starring Freddie Highmore, Emma... more
- 3625Napoleon Dynamite is a 2004 American independent art-house comedy film written by Jared and... more
- 101104The Kissing Booth is a 2018 romantic comedy film directed by Vince Marcello. A pretty, teenage... more
- 3221Black Swan is a 2010 American psychological thriller-horror film directed by Darren Aronofsky... more
- 4641Me and Earl and the Dying Girl is a 2015 American comedy-drama film directed by Alfonso... more
- 6265Mamma Mia! is a 2008 British/American/Swedish musical/romantic comedy film adapted from the... more
- 4442Set It Up is a 2018 romantic comedy film directed by Claire Scanlon. Coworkers hatch a plan to... more