List of popular movies from Afghanistan, listed by popularity with movie trailers when available. All prominent movies shot in Afghanistan are included. This list of famous films made in Afghanistan includes additional information about the movies, such as who directed them and what genre they are. Any top rated movies made in Afghanistan should appear on this list, with the most well-known ones at the top. The most popular cinema of Afghanistan is included below, so if you see a movie that's missing then it probably isn't very well-known.List features movies like Osama, Dharmatma. This list answers the questions What movies were shot in Afghanistan?"
Directed by: Feroz KhanDharmatama is a 1975 Hindi movie and the first Bollywood film to be shot in Afghanistan. It was produced and directed by Feroz Khan. The movie is the first attempt in India to localise The Godfather.... more
Directed by: Mukul S. AnandKhuda Gawah is a 1992 Bollywood epic Romance drama film produced by Nazir Ahmed & Manoj Desai on Glamour Films banner, directed by Mukul S. Anand. starring Amitabh Bachchan, Sridevi, Nagarjuna,... more
Directed by: Siddiq BarmakOsama is a 2003 drama film made in Afghanistan by Siddiq Barmak. The film follows a pre-teen girl living in Afghanistan under the Taliban regime who disguises herself as a boy, Osama, to support her... more
- Disarm is a documentary film which spans a dozen countries to look at how, despite a global ban, millions of antipersonnel landmines continue to claim victims daily in more than eighty countries.... more
Directed by: Latif AhmadiAkhtar the Clown is a 1981 film directed by Latif Ahmadi....
Directed by: Barmak AkramWajma, an Afghan Love Story is a 2013 drama film written and directed by Barmak Akram.... more
Directed by: Barmak AkramKabuli Kid is a 2008 film directed by Barmak Akram.... more
- This timely and moving film follows four finalists--two men and two women--as they hazard everything to become the Afghanistan's favorite performer.... more
Directed by: Atiq RahimiEarth and Ashes is a 2004 Afghan film directed by Atiq Rahimi. It was Afghanistan's submission to the 77th Academy Awards for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film, but was not accepted as... more
Directed by: Abbas AliBuz-e-Chini is the first ever Hazaragi language computer-animated 3D short film made, directed by Abbas Ali. The story is based on a folklore tale of Hazara people of Hazarajat, the central highlands... more
Directed by: Sam FrenchBuzkashi Boys is a 2012 film, co-produced in Afghanistan and the United States. It was considered and later nominated for the Academy Award for Best Live Action Short Film. After being nominated for... more
Directed by: Horace Ahmad Shansab
Directed by: Beth MurphyBeyond Belief is a feature documentary directed by Beth Murphy. The film follows Susan Retik and Patti Quigley, two women who lost their husbands on September 11, 2001, as they set up humanitarian... more
- Hell and Back Again is a 2010 documentary film directed by Danfung Dennis. "In 2009, U.S. Marines launched a major helicopter assault on a Taliban stronghold in southern Afghanistan. Immediately... more
- Death to the Camera is a 2012 short documentary film directed by Sayed Qasem Husseini....
Directed by: Orlando von EinsiedelSkateistan: To Live and Skate Kabul is a short film that follows the lives of a group of young skateboarders in Afghanistan. Operating against the backdrop of war and bleak prospects, the Skateistan... more
- Addicted in Afghanistan is a 2009 documentary film written by Jawed Taiman and Sharron Ward and directed by Jawed Taiman. "There are more than a million drug addicts in Afghanistan, including a...
- "Dirty Wars: The World is a Battlefield" follows reporter Jeremy Scahill to Afghanistan, Somalia, and Yemen as he investigates the hidden truths behind America's expanding covert wars.... more
Directed by: Phil Grabsky
- "Hossein and Shaima, who have known and loved each other since childhood, were separated as teenagers by war in Afghanistan. Today, reunited in Kabul, they remain deeply in love, but their...
- "Under the Taliban it was forbidden to show pictures of human beings, let alone for young women to operate video cameras. Kites tells the story of young Afghans and their yearning for modernity....
- Far from Afghanistan is a 2012 documentary war film directed by John Gianvito, Jon Jost, Minda Martin, Soon-Mi Yoo and Travis Wilkerson....
Directed by: Jawed WasselFire Dancer is a 2002 film directed by an Afghan-American, Jawed Wassel. It was the first Afghan film to be submitted for an Academy Award.... more
- "Around the world desperate people are on the move, driven from their homes by wars or poverty. Many assume life will be better in a wealthy place like Europe. But too often their hopes are...