List of popular movies from Ukraine, listed by popularity with movie trailers when available. All prominent movies shot in Ukraine are included. This list of famous films made in Ukraine includes additional information about the movies, such as who directed them and what genre they are. Any top rated movies made in Ukraine should appear on this list, with the most well-known ones at the top. The most popular cinema of Ukraine is included below, so if you see a movie that's missing then it probably isn't very well-known.Examples of movies on this list include Women Without Men and My Joy. This list answers the questions What movies were shot in Ukraine?"
East/West is a 1999 French-Ukrainian-Russian-Spanish-Bulgarian film directed by Régis Wargnier, starring Sandrine Bonnaire, Oleg Menshikov, Sergei Bodrov Jr. and Catherine Deneuve. Authors of ...more
- Released: 1999
- Directed by: Régis Wargnier
The streets of Tehran, Iran, are teeming with protesters objecting to the overthrow of the prime minister, but four disparate women have more immediate concerns. Farrokhlagha's (Arita Shahrzad) ...more
- Released: 2009
- Directed by: Shirin Neshat, Shoja Azari
Arsenal is a Soviet film by Ukrainian director Alexander Dovzhenko. The film was made in 1928 and released early in 1929. It is the second film in his "Ukraine Trilogy", the first being Zvenigora and ...more
- Released: 1929
- Directed by: Alexander Dovzhenko
A Driver for Vera is a Ukrainian-Russian co-produced psychological drama film from 2004, set in 1962 Sevastopol, Ukraine, directed and written by Russian Pavel Chukhrai. The film won numerous Russian ...more
- Released: 2004
- Directed by: Pavel Chukhray
Innocent Saturday is a 2011 drama film written and directed by Aleksander Mindadze.
- Released: 2011
- Directed by: Alexander Mindadze
My Joy is a 2010 Ukrainian road movie directed by Sergei Loznitsa. It is set in the western regions of Russia, somewhere near Smolensk. My Joy was the first Ukrainian film ever to compete for the ...more
- Released: 2010
- Directed by: Sergei Loznitsa
- A Whisper to a Roar is a 2012 American documentary film made by Ben Moses and inspired by the work of Larry Diamond. The film chronicles the fight for democracy in Egypt, Malaysia, Ukraine, ...more
Shadows of Forgotten Ancestors, also called Shadows of Our Forgotten Ancestors, Shadows of Our Ancestors, or Wild Horses of Fire – is a 1965 film by the Soviet filmmaker Sergei Parajanov based on the ...more
- Released: 1964
- Directed by: Sergei Parajanov
Melody for a Street Organ is a 2009 drama film written by Kira Muratova, Volodymyr Zuyev and directed by Kira Muratova.
- Released: 2009
- Directed by: Kira Muratova
- Armenian Legacy of Europe is a 2011 documentary film written and directed by Valery Balayan.
- Karavan lyubvi is a musical television film starring Sofia Rotaru.
Monologue of Love is a Soviet Ukrainian musical telefilm, written by Grigore Vieru and directed by Larisa Maslyuk, starring Sofia Rotaru in the main role. The movie filmed at Ukretelefilm in Crimea, ...more
- Released: 1986
- Directed by: Larisa Maslyuk
English Strawberries is a 2008 drama-romance and war film written by Martin Safránek and directed by Vladimír Drha.
- Released: 2008
- Directed by: Vladimír Drha
- Dust is a 2001documentary film written and directed by Michale Boganim.
Dandelion Wine is a 1997 Russian TV film based on the book of the same name by Ray Bradbury. It's the last film of Innokenti Smoktunovsky, released after his death.
- Released: 1997
- Directed by: Igor Apasyan
Annychka is a 1968 Ukrainian drama. The film, which was produced at the Dovzhenko Film Studios, takes place in 1943 and is about a Hutsul girl played by Lyubov Rumyantseva. In 1969 it received a ...more
- Released: 1969
- Directed by: Boris Ivchenko
Pesnya vsegda s nami is a 1975 Soviet Ukrainian musical film, produced by Viktor Storozhenko starring Sofia Rotaru in the main role, as well as Soviet Ukrainian Smerichka vocal-instrumental band. The ...more
- Released: 1976
- Directed by: Victor Storozhenka
Moskal-Charivnyk, is a 1995 musical comedy by the Ukrainian filmmaker Mykola Zasieyev-Rudenko based on the book by Ukrainian writer Ivan Kotliarevskyi. The film features a detailed portrayal of ...more
- Released: 1995
- Directed by: Mykola Zasieyev-Rudenko
The 9th Company is a 2005 Russian film directed by Fedor Bondarchuk and set during the Soviet War in Afghanistan. The film is loosely based on a real-life battle that took place at Elevation 3234 in ...more
- Released: 2005
- Directed by: Fedor Bondarchuk
- Clean is a 2012 short animation film from Ukraine.
Cross Country is a 2011 short film written and directed by Maryna Vroda. "First a boy is forced to run. Then he runs on his own. Then he watches another one run." Quoting the synopsis form the 2011 ...more
- Released: 2011
- Directed by: Maryna Vroda
- Wayfarers (Podorozhni) is a 2005 short film written by Natalya Kononchuk and directed by Igor Strembitsky.
Portrait is a 2001 film directed by Sergei Luchishin.
- Released: 2001
- Directed by: Sergei Luchishin