The Most Chilling Sci-Fi Movies Like 'The Thing'
Looking for the best movies like The Thing? From Hollywood classics to new films, this list of movies similar to The Thing feature interesting sci-fi stories that keep you glued to the screen from beginning to end. The Mist and Invasion of the Body Snatchers are great examples of movies that fans of The Thing love because they both have a group of diverse people dealing with aliens. Get ready to experience sci-fi horror because these movies will have you on the edge of your seat. But which of these recommendations is the best next-watch for fans of The Thing?
Vote up the best movies like The Thing, so other fans know what to watch next. And thanks to streaming services, like Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max, Disney Plus, and Prime Video, you can start streaming these movies right now.
- Photo: 20th Century Fox159 VOTESIn deep space, the crew of the commercial starship Nostromo is awakened from their cryo-sleep capsules halfway through their journey home to investigate a distress call from an alien vessel. The terror begins when the crew encounters a nest of eggs inside the alien ship. An organism from inside an egg leaps out and attaches itself to one of the crew, causing him to fall into a coma.
- Category: Film (1979)
- Photo: The Mist / Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer241 VOTESAfter a powerful storm damages their Maine home, David Drayton (Thomas Jane) and his young son head into town to gather food and supplies. Soon afterward, a thick fog rolls in and engulfs the town, trapping the Draytons and others in the grocery store. Terror mounts as deadly creatures reveal themselves outside, but that may be nothing compared to the threat within, where a zealot (Marcia Gay Harden) calls for a sacrifice.
- Category: Film (2007)
- 325 VOTESIn Santa Mira, California, Dr. Miles Bennell (Kevin McCarthy) is baffled when all his patients come to him with the same complaint: their loved ones seem to have been replaced by emotionless impostors. Despite others' dismissive denials, Dr. Bennell, his former girlfriend Becky (Dana Wynter) and his friend Jack (King Donovan) soon discover that the patients' suspicions are true: an alien species of human duplicates, grown from plant-like pods, is taking over the small town.
- Category: Film (1956)
- Photo: user uploaded image414 VOTES
- 538 VOTESA year after a severe emotional trauma, Sarah (Shauna Macdonald) goes to North Carolina to spend some time exploring caves with her friends; after descending underground, the women find strange cave paintings and evidence of an earlier expedition, then learn they are not alone: Underground predators inhabit the crevasses, and they have a taste for human flesh.
- Category: Film (2005)
- 624 VOTESThis remake of the classic horror film is set in San Francisco. Matthew Bennell (Donald Sutherland) assumes that when a friend (Brooke Adams) complains of her husband's strange mood, it's a marital issue. However, he begins to worry as more people report similar observations. His concern is confirmed when writer Jack Bellicec (Jeff Goldblum) and his wife (Veronica Cartwright) discover a mutated corpse. Besieged by an invisible enemy, Bennell must work quickly before the city is consumed.
- Category: Film (1978)