You’re sick. We’re sorry. Instead of heading off to work or school, you’re stuck in bed with a bad case of the sniffles and congestion. But there is a bright side. You have the excuse you need to watch any film you want. Here are the best movies to watch when sick.
One of the obvious criteria of movies for sick days is that they shouldn’t be too complicated. Sure, Memento may be one of the best films of the past 25 years, but it’s complex and you really need to pay attention. Movies for sick days should be easy to follow, and if you happen to fall asleep for a few minutes, no big deal; sick films are easy to pick back up. Also, a sick person probably doesn’t want to watch anything too loud or gory.
There are certainly a lot of comedies on this list. The best movies to watch if you don't feel well should pick up your spirit, after all. A good laugh is perhaps the best medicine available.
There are also a few uplifting flicks on this sick movies list. If you’re feeling down, perhaps a classic underdog story will do the trick. Look no further than Forrest Gump, Rudy, or The Goonies. All three remind a viewer that despite great odds, hard work and perseverance will pay off in the end.Make your voice heard. Vote up your favorite films to watch when sick. Or, if the movie you always reach for when home feeling under weather isn't listed, be sure to add it. In this way, you might just bring joy to another sick person's sick day watchlist.
- 227205Who Framed Roger Rabbit is a 1988 American live-action/animated fantasy-comedy film directed... more
- 267247The Wedding Singer is a 1998 romantic comedy film written by Tim Herlihy and directed by Frank... more
- 254248When Harry Met Sally… is a 1989 American romantic comedy film written by Nora Ephron and... more
- 244239Pretty in Pink is a 1986 American romantic comedy-drama film about love and social cliques in... more
- 410432The Notebook is a 2004 American romantic drama film directed by Nick Cassavetes and based on... more
- 214The Shrek franchise from DreamWorks Animation, based on William Steig's picture book Shrek!,... more
- 171Mrs. Doubtfire is a 1993 American comedy-drama film directed by Chris Columbus, based on the... more
- 133143Pulp Fiction is a 1994 American crime film directed by Quentin Tarantino. The lives of two mob... more
- 141Easy A is a 2010 American teen comedy film directed by Will Gluck. A clean-cut high school... more
- 175The Parent Trap is a 1998 romantic comedy film co-written and directed by Nancy Meyers, and... more
- 186218Billy Madison is a 1995 American family comedy film directed by Tamra Davis. It stars Adam... more
- 162193Say Anything... is a 1989 American romantic comedy-drama film written and directed by Cameron... more
- 151179Almost Famous is a 2000 comedy-drama film written and directed by Cameron Crowe and starring... more
- 124Pirates of the Caribbean is a series of fantasy swashbuckler films produced by Jerry... more
- 112Bridesmaids is a 2011 American romantic comedy film directed by Paul Feig, written by Annie... more
- 166203(500) Days of Summer is a 2009 American romantic comedy-drama film by first time director Marc... more
- 155191There's Something About Mary is a 1998 comedy film, directed by the Farrelly brothers, Bobby... more
- 115Pride & Prejudice is a 2005 British romance film directed by Joe Wright and based on Jane... more
- 133170Rudy is a 1993 American sports film directed by David Anspaugh. It is an account of the life... more
- 156207The Big Lebowski is a 1998 stoner comedy film written, produced, and directed by Joel and... more
- 152217Wedding Crashers is a 2005 American comedy film directed by David Dobkin. John Beckwith (Owen... more
Avengers FranchiseRobert Downey Jr., Chris EvansMarvel's The Avengers(classified under the name Marvel Avengers Assemble in the United Kingdom... more
- 99145Real Genius is a 1985 satirical comedy film directed by Martha Coolidge. It stars Val Kilmer... more
- 710She's the Man is a 2006 American romantic comedy film directed by Andy Fickman, inspired by... more
- 1422Ella Enchanted is a 2004 British–American–Irish fantasy romantic comedy film loosely based on... more