There’s that moment at the end of The Sixth Sense that sends chills up the back of a spectator's spine. The scene actually has the ability to shock a viewer so much that it renders them immobile. It’s as if all the puzzle pieces suddenly come together, and everything makes perfect sense. You immediately think, “I need to watch this movie again to see if I can spot the plot twist.” But you know that if you watch it again, the magic will be lost. There will not be that “a-ha moment." That feeling is strictly a one-time deal. These are the movies you wish you could see for the first time.
Did you ever have a friend say to you, “Oh, Fight Club is on Netflix. I’ve never seen it. I’m gonna watch it tonight.” Chances are if you’re a movie fan, you will instantly feel jealous. You want to be able to watch Fight Club for the first time and experience the completely mind-blowing plot twist.
Plot twist movies are not the only films on this list. There are those nostalgic films like Stand by Me and The Goonies, that instantly take you back to the innocence of your childhood. There are also those hilarious comedies like There’s Something About Mary, The Princess Bride, and really any other movie Christopher Guest has been involved in. Re-experiencing a punch line is great; hearing it for the first time is priceless.
The most nostalgic movies will always have a special place in the heart of any cinephile. Where were you when you saw Rudy finally get into a game at Notre Dame? How old were you when you saw Luke Skywalker use the force for the first time and defeat Darth Vader?Be sure to vote up the movies that you wish you could still watch for the first time and add any other films you've seen, but wish you could still watch for the very first time.
- 1Forrest Gump is a 1994 American epic romantic-comedy-drama film based on the 1986 novel of the... more on Wikipedia312144
- 2The Sixth Sense is a 1999 American supernatural thriller film written and directed by M. Night... more on Wikipedia205161
- 3The Shawshank Redemption is a 1994 American drama film written and directed by Frank Darabont... more on Wikipedia203165
- 4The Usual Suspects is a 1995 German-American neo-noir crime thriller film directed by Bryan... more on Wikipedia138107
- 5133103Watch for Free with Amazon Prime Free Trial
- 6Goodfellas is a 1990 American crime film directed by Martin Scorsese. It is a film adaptation... more on Wikipedia9162
- 7The Goonies is a 1985 American adventure comedy film directed by Richard Donner. The... more on Wikipedia11586
- 8Star Wars is a 1977 American epic space opera film written and directed by George Lucas. The... more on Wikipedia143114
- 9Stand by Me is a 1986 American coming of age comedy-drama adventure film directed by Rob... more on Wikipedia10172
- 10The Princess Bride is a 1987 American romantic comedy fantasy adventure film directed and... more on Wikipedia11586
- 11Jurassic Park is a 1993 American science fiction adventure film directed by Steven Spielberg.... more on Wikipedia11283
- 12Back to the Future is a 1985 American science fiction film directed by Robert Zemeckis. Marty... more on Wikipedia163134
- 13The Prestige is a 2006 mystery drama film directed by Christopher Nolan, from a screenplay... more on Wikipedia136107
- 14Fight Club is a 1999 film based on the 1996 novel of the same name by Chuck Palahniuk. The... more on Wikipedia183155
- 15The Terminator is a 1984 American science fiction/horror action film directed by James... more on Wikipedia9264
- 16The Matrix is a 1999 American-Australian science fiction action film written and directed by... more on Wikipedia137110
- 17Airplane! is a 1980 American satirical disaster comedy film directed and written by David... more on Wikipedia7146
- 18The Breakfast Club is a 1985 American coming-of-age comedy-drama film written, produced, and... more on Wikipedia10078
- 19The Empire Strikes Back is a 1980 American epic space opera film directed by Irvin Kershner.... more on Wikipedia
- 20Titanic is a 1997 American epic romance and disaster film directed by James Cameron. A... more on Wikipedia10991
- 21Clue is a 1985 American ensemble mystery comedy film based on the board game of the same... more on Wikipedia6851
- 22The Wizard of Oz is a 1939 American musical fantasy film produced by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, and... more on Wikipedia6651
- 23Shrek is a 2001 American computer-animated fantasy-comedy film produced by PDI/DreamWorks,... more on Wikipedia6655
- 24Memento is a 2000 American neo-noir psychological thriller film directed by Christopher Nolan.... more on Wikipedia7769
- 25Stargate is a 1994 French-American adventure science fiction film released through... more on Wikipedia2918