Nando's recipes - the easy way to prepare the best dishes from the Nando's menu. These are copycat recipes, not necessarily made the same way as they are prepared at Nando's, but closely modeled on the flavors and textures of Nando's popular food, so you can bring the exotic tastes of one of the top restaurant chains in the world to your own table for a fraction of the cost.
Tracing its origins to a South African dining group, Nando's is famous for its Peri-Peri marinades and its chicken dishes. The restaurant chain is present in thirty countries on five continents and has expanded to sell its world-renowned sauces in supermarkets as well.
From Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits to Buffalo Wild Wings hot sauce, chain and franchise restaurants are popular destinations around the world. Eating out too frequently can be costly, not to mention that it's hard to control portion size, ingredients, or the style of cooking to suit your preferences.Nando's recipes on your own allows you to save money while enjoying your favorite menu items from the casual dining spot. This list collections the best copycat Nando's recipes from around the Web.
Nando's PERi-PERi SaucePhoto: Wikimedia Commons / CC-BY
two or three fresh hot chile peppers (hot red peppers are typical; jalapeno peppers and poblano peppers are also good), chopped- Combine all ingredients.
four tablespoons lemon juice or lime juice (or cider vinegar)
four tablespoons oil
one tablespoon cayenne pepper or red pepper, or one tablespoon dried red pepper flakes
one teaspoon minced garlic (or garlic powder)
one tablespoon paprika
one teaspoon salt
dried or fresh oregano or parsley (or similar)
- Grind using mortar and pestle; mix ingredients into a smooth paste.
- Adjust ratio of cayenne pepper and paprika to taste.
- Sauce aging: Store it in a refrigerator for a few days allows the flavor to develop.Would you try this?
PERi-PERi Beef StewPhoto: Wikimedia Commons / CC-BY
500g Stewing beef, cut into cubes- Preheat oven to 180°C.
3 Fresh or dried bay leaves (optional)
2 Celery sticks, chopped
2 Medium carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
2 Medium onions, roughly chopped
30ml (2 tbsp) Olive oil
30ml (2 tbsp) Cake flour
125ml (1 bottle) Nando’s Medium PERi-PERi Sauce
1 x 400g Can tomatoes
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a casserole dish over medium heat; add celery, carrots, onions and bay leaves and fry for 10 minutes.
- Add beef cubes and flour; stir.
- Add Nando’s Medium PERi-PERi Sauce, mushrooms and tomatoes.
- Bring stew to boil and move casserole dish to the oven; cook for 2.5-3 hours.
- Remove bay leaves; season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with cous cous or a starch of your choice.Would you try this?
Stuffed PERi-PERi Chicken Breasts with MozzarellaPhoto: Metaweb / GNU Free Documentation License
500g Chicken breast fillets ( 6 fillets)- Mix mozzarella and breadcrumbs with Nando’s Sun-dried Tomato and Basil Marinade.
100g Grated Mozzarella
70ml Nando’s Sun-dried Tomato and Basil Marinade
125ml (1/2 cup) Fresh breadcrumbs
10g Crushed garlic
15ml (1tbsp) Olive oil
180ml Nando’s Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil Marinade
60ml Fresh cream
- Slit a pocket into each of the chicken breasts; stuff with cheese and marinade mix.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan.
- Add garlic and chicken breasts; fry until golden on both sides.
- Reduce heat and fry for 10 more minutes; turn chicken frequently until cooked through.
- Prepare sauce by mixing the rest of Nando’s Sun-dried Tomato and Basil Marinade with cream and heat in the microwave for a minute.
- Serve chicken on a bed of green beans or asparagus, drizzled with sauce.Would you try this?
Braised PERi-PERi Lamb ShanksPhoto: Metaweb / CC-BY
4 x Small Lamb Shanks- Preheat oven to 220°C.
250ml (1 bottle) Nando’s Portuguese BBQ Marinade
10ml (2 tsp) Crushed garlic
62ml (1/4 cup) Lemon juice
2 Medium onions, quartered
1 Red pepper, seeded and cut into bite-size chunks
1 Yellow pepper, seeded and cut into bite-size chunks
5ml Dried or 15ml fresh rosemary
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
For Potato and Olive Mash:
5 Medium Potatoes
15 Calamata Olives, pitted and chopped
125ml (1/2 cup) Milk
45ml (3 tbsp) Butter
- Rub lamb shanks with olive oil, garlic and lemon juice.
- Place in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven; add Nando’s Portuguese BBQ Marinade, onions, peppers and rosemary.
-Reduce heat to 160°C, cover meat with foil and return to oven.
- Cook for a further 2- 2.5 hours or until meat is soft.
- Prepare mash; boil potatoes for 15 minutes, drain and mash adding milk and butter.
- Add chopped calamatas to mash; season with salt and pepper.
- Serve meat warm on a bed of olive and potato mash, drizzled with cooking meat sauce and vegetables.Would you try this?