You'll never forget your first, and for many, the Nintendo Entertainment System was their first encounter with console gaming. The first time taking the controller, leaning back and playing games in a way you just can't do with a Commodore 64. And so began the launch of countless series that have become household names. With this list, we take a look at the best characters from the original Nintendo!
From the original Super Mario Bros., with Mario and Luigi, to the beginning of the Metal Gear series and our life-long love of Solid Snake, the Nintendo has been the starting point for a number of famous characters that have gone on to major AAA titles, and even films (of... let's say varying quality) with a theatrical release! We even had the first female protagonist in a video ever with Samus taking charge of the original Metroid! There are so many different characters that got their start right here with the NES.So take a look at our list, rerank and vote for your favorites! Is King Hippo the best from Mike Tyson's Punch Out!!? Or is Simon Belmont the best vampire killer of all time? It's all up to you, so let us know what you think -- and don't forget to check out our many other console character lists to see what else you might want to rank!
- 1Super Mario Bros.
- 2Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
- 3Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario Strikers
- 4Metroid: Other M, Metroid II: Return of Samus
- 5Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Super Smash Bros.
- 6Super Mario Strikers, Super Mario Kart
- 7Super Mario World, Super Mario Strikers
- 8Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes, Mega Man 10
- 10Super Mario World, Super Mario Strikers
- 11Captain Rainbow, Punch-Out!!
- 13Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- 14Metal Gear
- 15Super Mario Strikers, Mario Kart Wii
Kid IcarusKid Icarus
- 17Duck Hunt
Bub and Bob
- 19Dr. Mario 64, Dr. Mario Online Rx
Donkey Kong Jr.Animal Crossing
Donkey Kong Jr.
- 22EarthBound, Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- 24Kingdom Hearts, Epic Mickey
LeonFinal Fantasy II