When you’re dating someone, or even just hooking up, going out on a date can be expensive. And if you’re just trying to get a little action, dinner and drinks is the exact opposite of what you want to do. Thank god for whatever make-out genius came up with the term “Netflix and chill” for when you want to hook up with someone, but don’t want to put in any real effort. Getting dressed up and shelling out thirty bucks for a movie ticket is totally pointless when you can watch any movie you want on Netflix without even having to put pants on!
Once you’ve invited someone over to watch Netflix and chill, the only real work that you have to do is to choose the perfect movie. Picking movies to hook up to might sound easy, but it’s harder than you’d think. We did the work so you don’t have to. Behold, the best movies to put on when you want to “watch Netflix and chill.”
When you’re trying to put on a movie and hook up with someone, you don’t want to play a film that’s too involving – so any and all action movies are off the table. The perfect Netflix and chill movie starts off well, but then they slow down. The less dialogue the better. Foreign language film are great, because you can use them as background noise. The longer the movie, the better. Bonus points if the flick you pick has tons of steamy sex scenes to get you both in the mood. There are even some underrated television shows that may be great to put on during a Netflix and chill night.
Vote up the best movies to put on when you just want to get some, and feel free to add any films we may have missed!
- Vincent Vega (John Travolta) and Jules Winnfield (Samuel L. Jackson) are hitmen with a penchant for philosophical discussions. In this ultra-hip, multi-strand crime movie, their storyline is ...more
- When Tim Lake (Domhnall Gleeson) is 21, his father (Bill Nighy) tells him a secret: The men in their family can travel through time. Although he can't change history, Tim resolves to improve his life ...more
It's Now or Never
When Eva and Alex decide to wed in England, where they met three years earlier, obstacles including a labor strike and a volcano keep them apart.
- In the 1960s, Cambridge University student and future physicist Stephen Hawking (Eddie Redmayne) falls in love with fellow collegian Jane Wilde (Felicity Jones). At 21, Hawking learns that he has ...more
- Caleb Smith (Domhnall Gleeson) a programmer at a huge Internet company, wins a contest that enables him to spend a week at the private estate of Nathan Bateman (Oscar Isaac), his firm's brilliant ...more
- Two brothers receive a cryptic video message inspiring them to revisit the UFO death cult they escaped a decade earlier. Hoping to find the closure that they couldn't find as young men, they're ...more
- Toby is a divorced father who's trying to make a better life for his son. His brother Tanner is an ex-convict with a short temper and a loose trigger finger. Together, they plan a series of heists ...more
- After her marriage to a wealthy businessman (Alec Baldwin) collapses, New York socialite Jasmine (Cate Blanchett) flees to San Francisco and the modest apartment of her sister, Ginger (Sally ...more
- Slow West is a 2014 action thriller western film written by John Maclean and directed by John Maclean.
- In 1892, legendary Army Capt. Joseph Blocker reluctantly agrees to escort a dying Cheyenne war chief and his family back to their tribal land. Embarking on a harrowing and perilous journey from Fort ...more
- In a dystopian society, single people must find a mate within 45 days or be transformed into an animal of their choice.
Happy as Lazzaro
Purehearted teen Lazzaro is content living as a sharecropper in rural Italy, but an unlikely friendship with the marquise's son will change his world.
- Spurred on by a promise he made to his daughters, Walt Disney (Tom Hanks) embarks on what would become a 20-year quest to obtain the movie rights to "Mary Poppins." The author, P.L. Travers (Emma ...more
- Blue Is the Warmest Colour is a 2013 French romantic coming-of-age drama film directed by Abdellatif Kechiche, based on the graphic novel by Julie Maroh. French teenager Adèle (Adèle Exarchopoulos) ...more
- The life of 11-year-old Billy Elliot, a coal miner's son in Northern England, is forever changed one day when he stumbles upon a ballet class during his weekly boxing lesson. Before long, he finds ...more
- The songs of the Beatles provide the sonic framework for this musical tale of romance, war and peace. When young British worker Jude (Jim Sturgess) sets sail for the United States in search of his ...more
- Raised by his overprotective mother, Helen (Kathy Bates), Bobby Boucher Jr. (Adam Sandler) is the water boy for a successful college football team coached by Red Beaulieu (Jerry Reed). When Beaulieu ...more
- In a post-apocalyptic time, Earth has been rendered toxic, and most of humanity has abandoned the planet and colonized one of Jupiter's moons, IO. But young scientist Sam Walden has stayed behind and ...more
- A high school English teacher (Lily Rabe) becomes a weekend chaperone for three students (Timothée Chalamet, Lili Reinhart) at a drama competition.
- Y Tu Mamá También is a 2002 Mexican drama film directed by Alfonso Cuarón and co-written by Cuarón and his brother Carlos. The film tells a coming-of-age story about two teenage boys who take a road ...more
- When a string of brutal murders terrorizes London, it doesn't take long for legendary detective Sherlock Holmes (Robert Downey Jr.) and his crime-solving partner, Dr. Watson (Jude Law), to find the ...more
- Juanita is a 2019 American drama film, directed by Clark Johnson, based on the novel Dancing on the Edge of the Roof by Sheila Williams. Fed up with her deadbeat grown kids and marginal urban ...more
- A suburban couple, Norma (Cameron Diaz) and Arthur (James Marsden), face a moral dilemma when they receive a gift that bears irrevocable consequences. With the press of a button, their simple wooden ...more