When you’re dating someone, or even just hooking up, going out on a date can be expensive. And if you’re just trying to get a little action, dinner and drinks is the exact opposite of what you want to do. Thank god for whatever make-out genius came up with the term “Netflix and chill” for when you want to hook up with someone, but don’t want to put in any real effort. Getting dressed up and shelling out thirty bucks for a movie ticket is totally pointless when you can watch any movie you want on Netflix without even having to put pants on!
Once you’ve invited someone over to watch Netflix and chill, the only real work that you have to do is to choose the perfect movie. Picking movies to hook up to might sound easy, but it’s harder than you’d think. We did the work so you don’t have to. Behold, the best movies to put on when you want to “watch Netflix and chill.”
When you’re trying to put on a movie and hook up with someone, you don’t want to play a film that’s too involving – so any and all action movies are off the table. The perfect Netflix and chill movie starts off well, but then they slow down. The less dialogue the better. Foreign language film are great, because you can use them as background noise. The longer the movie, the better. Bonus points if the flick you pick has tons of steamy sex scenes to get you both in the mood. There are even some underrated television shows that may be great to put on during a Netflix and chill night.
Vote up the best movies to put on when you just want to get some, and feel free to add any films we may have missed!
- A suburban couple, Norma (Cameron Diaz) and Arthur (James Marsden), face a moral dilemma when they receive a gift that bears irrevocable consequences. With the press of a button, their simple wooden ...more
A teenager moves to Chicago for the summer and finds a poignant mentor in her aunt and a sweet love interest in a girl who works in the neighborhood.
- Barely Lethal is a 2014 comedy film written by John D'Arco and directed by Kyle Newman.
On Body and Soul
- Sleeping with Other People is a 2015 American romantic comedy film directed and written by Leslye Headland. A good-natured womanizer (Jason Sudeikis) and a serial cheater (Alison Brie) form a ...more
- Lady in the Water is a 2006 American fantasy thriller film written and directed by M. Night Shyamalan and starring Paul Giamatti and Bryce Dallas Howard. The film's plot concerns a Philadelphia ...more
- Okja is a 2017 South Korean-American action-adventure film directed by Bong Joon-ho and co-written by Bong and Jon Ronson. A young girl named Mija risks everything to prevent a powerful, ...more
- Frances (Greta Gerwig) goes from apartment to apartment in Brooklyn as she looks for a job and a stable partner.
- Elisa & Marcela is a 2019 Spanish biographical romantic drama film directed by Isabel Coixet. Elisa Sánchez Loriga (Natalia de Molina) and Marcela Gracia Ibeas (Greta Fernández), two women who passed ...more
- Living in New York City, Sarah (Jennifer Aniston) must make the cross-country trip back to her home state of California for the wedding of her younger sister (Mena Suvari). Once with her family, ...more
Close to paying off her debts, a Nigerian sex worker in Austria coaches a reluctant novice, and assesses the risks of taking a faster path to freedom.