List of the best Nick Nolte movies, ranked best to worst with movie trailers when available. Nick Nolte's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world. The order of these top Nick Nolte movies is decided by how many votes they receive, so only highly rated Nick Nolte movies will be at the top of the list. Nick Nolte has been in a lot of films, so people often debate each other over what the greatest Nick Nolte movie of all time is. If you and a friend are arguing about this then use this list of the most entertaining Nick Nolte films to end the squabble once and for all.
If you think the best Nick Nolte role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest Nick Nolte performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand.
List films include Pride and Glory, Northfork and many additional films as well."This list answers the questions, "What are the best Nick Nolte movies?" and "What are the greatest Nick Nolte roles of all time?"
Martin Scorsese and Terrence Malick have both worked with Nick Nolte over the years, as have plenty of other well-known directors. Movie fans who love Nick Nolte have also been known to enjoy films starring Debra Winger and Val Kilmer.
- In the desert near Los Angeles, a beautiful woman named Allison Pond (Jennifer Connelly) is found murdered. A special investigative unit led by hard-edged detective Max Hoover (Nick Nolte) is brought ...more
- Renegade cop Jack Cates (Nick Nolte) pulls bank robber Reggie Hammond (Eddie Murphy) from a federal prison on a 48-hour leave to help him capture Hammond's old partner, Albert Ganz (James Remar). ...more
- Unlucky and homeless, Dave (Nick Nolte) decides to call it quits, and so sneaks into a stranger's backyard and tries to drown himself in the pool. However, Jerry's plans are stopped by the pool's ...more
- A brutal satire of American professional football in which a veteran pass-catcher's individuality and refusal to become part of the team "family" is bitterly resented by his disciplinarian coaches. ...more
- In a small New Hampshire town, washed-up cop Wade Whitehouse (Nick Nolte) has a troubled past, an abusive father (James Coburn), the contempt of his ex-wife (Mary Beth Hurt) and an unimpressive ...more
- Paul Rusesabagina (Don Cheadle), a Hutu, manages the Hôtel des Mille Collines and lives a happy life with his Tutsi wife (Sophie Okonedo) and their three children. But when Hutu military forces ...more
- A jaded journalist, John (Michael Moriarty), and a Vietnam vet, Ray (Nick Nolte), are adrift after returning home from the war. With not much to lose, they hatch a scheme to smuggle heroin from ...more
- An ex-ballplayer (Nick Nolte) studies marine biology and a bordello girl (Debra Winger) in his run-down town.
- A New York psychiatrist treating an emotionally scarred woman finds it helpful to discuss her South Carolina family's troubled history with the woman's twin brother. He and the psychiatrist find ...more
- In 1942, Private Witt (Jim Caviezel) is a U.S. Army absconder living peacefully with the locals of a small South Pacific island. Discovered by his commanding officer, Sgt. Welsh (Sean Penn), Witt is ...more
- Undersea adventure about a couple who become involved in a dangerous conflict with treasure hunters when they discover a deadly shipwreck in Bermudan waters. When they realize that the cache includes ...more
- When attorney Sam Bowden (Nick Nolte) knowingly withholds evidence that would acquit violent sex offender Max Cady (Robert De Niro) of rape charges, Max spends 14 years in prison. But after Max's ...more
- Jack Benteen (Nick Nolte) is a Texas Ranger who has taken a very different path than his childhood buddy, Cash Bailey (Powers Boothe), a ruthless drug lord. While Benteen and Bailey are on opposites ...more
- A pair of news correspondents chronicling the final days of the corrupt Samoza Regime in Nicaragua find themselves under fire from both sides. After an American news reporter is killed in Nicaragua, ...more
- High school teacher Alex Jurel (Nick Nolte) has gone from idealistic to pessimistic. His classroom methods come under scrutiny when a former pupil sues him for not ensuring student literacy, and the ...more
- True-life drama of a father and mother who battled against the odds to save their son's life. Augusto and Michaela Odone are dealt a cruel blow by fate: five-year-old Lorenzo is diagnosed with a rare ...more
- At the dawn of World War II, American writer Howard Campbell (Nick Nolte) lives in Germany, where he pays little attention to the conflicts that surround him, instead preferring to attend elegant ...more
- An estranged family finds redemption in the unlikeliest of places: the MMA ring. Tommy (Tom Hardy), an ex-Marine with a tragic past, returns home and enlists his father (Nick Nolte), a recovering ...more
- Lucas (Nick Nolte) is a former bank robber who, after prison time, has given up his unlawful ways. One day, inexperienced criminal Ned Perry (Martin Short) holds up the bank Lucas is visiting. Ned is ...more
- Pete Bell (Nick Nolte) is a college basketball coach who has to improve his team's standing -- by any means necessary. His hopes are pinned on a trio of talented players: Neon Boudeaux (Shaquille ...more
- Q & A is a 1990 crime film co-written and directed by Sidney Lumet, based on a novel by New York judge Edwin Torres. It stars Nick Nolte, Timothy Hutton and Armand Assante.
- The appropriately named Lucky Mann (Nick Nolte) is a contractor equally handy at repairs and seduction. The latest lonely housewife to succumb to his charms is Marianne (Lara Flynn Boyle), childless ...more
- While trying to capture drug lord "The Iceman," policeman Jack Cates (Nick Nolte) confronts two criminals and kills one of them in self-defense. The head of internal affairs (Kevin Tighe) wants to ...more
- After escaping from imprisonment by Japanese forces, American soldier Learoyd (Nick Nolte) takes shelter in the remote wilderness of Borneo. When Learoyd encounters a primitive tribe out in the ...more
- Bob (Nick Nolte) is an aging thief who has seen better days and is battling both an addiction to heroin and a growing gambling problem. But he still thinks he has one more big score in him and plots ...more