List of Famous Bankers
List of famous bankers, with photos, bios, and other information when available. Who are the top bankers in the world? This includes the most prominent bankers, living and dead, both in America and abroad. This list of notable bankers is ordered by their level of prominence, and can be sorted for various bits of information, such as where these historic bankers were born and what their nationality is. The people on this list are from different countries, but what they all have in common is that they're all renowned bankers.
List is made up of a variety of people, including David Rockefeller and Ben Bernanke. Featuring great bankers, successful bankers, and more, this list has it all.From reputable, prominent, and well known bankers to the lesser known bankers of today, these are some of the best professionals in the banker field. If you want to answer the questions, "Who are the most famous bankers ever?" and "What are the names of famous bankers?" then you're in the right place.
- Ben Shalom Bernanke ( bər-NANG-kee; born December 13, 1953) is an American economist at the Brookings Institution who served two terms as Chair of the Federal Reserve, the central bank of the United ...more
- David Rockefeller (June 12, 1915 – March 20, 2017) was an American banker who served as chairman and chief executive of Chase Manhattan Corporation. He was the oldest living member of the third ...more
- Bernard Lawrence Madoff (April 29, 1938 – April 14, 2021) was an American market maker, investment advisor, financier, and convicted fraudster who served a federal prison sentence for offenses ...more
- Timothy Franz Geithner (; born August 18, 1961) is a former American central banker who served as the 75th United States Secretary of the Treasury under President Barack Obama, from 2009 to 2013. He ...more
- John Pierpont Morgan Sr. (April 17, 1837 – March 31, 1913) was an American financier and banker who dominated corporate finance on Wall Street throughout the Gilded Age. As the head of the banking ...more
- Sir Chintaman Dwarakanath Deshmukh, CIE, ICS (14 January 1896 – 2 October 1982) was an Indian civil servant and the first Indian to be appointed as the Governor of the Reserve Bank of India in 1943 ...more