List of Famous Naturalists
This list of famous naturalists and naturalism authors includes photos, bios, and other information, when available. Who are the top naturalists in the world? This includes the most prominent naturalists, living and dead, both from America and abroad. You might also enjoy these highly evolved facts about evolution and our list of the best nature TV shows. This list of notable naturalists is ordered by their level of prominence, and can be sorted for various bits of information, such as where these historic naturalists were born and what their nationality is. The famous naturalist writers on this list are from different countries, but what they all have in common is that they're all renowned naturalists.
Whether you're looking for American naturalists, that British naturalist whose name you can't quite remember, or female naturalists who have left their mark, this list is sure to help. Among the naturalist people, authors, writers, and thinkers on this list are Charles Darwin and Steve Irwin. Many of the following people specializing in naturalistic research have had significant impact on science.From reputable, prominent, and well known naturalists to the lesser known naturalists of today, these are some of the best professionals in field of naturalism and nature writing. Who are the most famous naturalists ever? What are the names of famous naturalists? The list below has all the great naturalists, who have influenced the way humans interact with and relate to the natural world around us all.
- Charles Robert Darwin, (; 12 February 1809 – 19 April 1882) was an English naturalist, geologist and biologist, best known for his contributions to the science of evolution. His proposition that all ...more
- Stephen Robert Irwin (22 February 1962 – 4 September 2006), nicknamed "The Crocodile Hunter", was an Australian zookeeper, conservationist and television personality. Irwin achieved worldwide fame ...more
- Sir David Frederick Attenborough (; born 8 May 1926) is an English broadcaster and natural historian. He is best known for writing and presenting, in conjunction with the BBC Natural History Unit, ...more
- Stephen James Backshall (born 21 April 1973) is a BAFTA-winning English naturalist, writer and television presenter, best known for BBC TV's Deadly 60. His other BBC work includes being part of the ...more
- Friedrich Wilhelm Heinrich Alexander von Humboldt (, also US: , UK: , German: [ʔalɛkˈsandɐ fɔn ˈhʊmbɔlt] (listen); 14 September 1769 – 6 May 1859) was a Prussian polymath, geographer, naturalist, ...more
- Edward Osborne Wilson (born June 10, 1929), usually cited as E. O. Wilson, is an American biologist, theorist, naturalist and author. His biological specialty is myrmecology, the study of ants, on ...more