List of Famous Oboists
List of famous oboists, with photos, bios, and other information when available. Who are the top oboists in the world? This includes the most prominent oboists, living and dead, both in America and abroad. This list of notable oboists is ordered by their level of prominence, and can be sorted for various bits of information, such as where these historic oboists were born and what their nationality is. The people on this list are from different countries, but what they all have in common is that they're all renowned oboists.
List is made up of many different oboe players and performers, including Sufjan Stevens and Sonny Simmons.From reputable, prominent, and well known oboists to the lesser known oboe musicians of today, these are some of the best professionals in the oboist field. If you want to answer the questions, "Who are the most famous oboists ever?" and "What are the names of famous oboists?" then you're in the right place.
- Georg Philipp Telemann (24 March [O.S. 14 March] 1681 – 25 June 1767) (German pronunciation: [ˈteːləman]) was a German Baroque composer and multi-instrumentalist. Almost completely self-taught in ...more
- Rahsaan Roland Kirk (August 7, 1935 – December 5, 1977) was an American jazz multi-instrumentalist who played tenor saxophone, flute, and many other instruments. He was renowned for his onstage ...more
- Andrew "Andy" Mackay (born 23 July 1946) is an English multi-instrumentalist, best known as a founding member (playing oboe and saxophone) of the art rock group Roxy Music. In addition, he has taught ...more
- Sir Karl William Pamp Jenkins (born 17 February 1944) is a Welsh musician and composer. His best known works include the song "Adiemus" and the Adiemus album series; Palladio; The Armed Man; and his ...more
Jacques PaisibleJacques Paisible, also known as James Peasable or James Paisible, was a French baroque composer and recorder virtuoso who lived and worked in London for about forty years. Paisible arrived in London ...more
- Yusef Abdul Lateef (born William Emanuel Huddleston; October 9, 1920 – December 23, 2013) was an American jazz multi-instrumentalist, composer, and prominent figure among the Ahmadiyya Community in ...more