List of Famous Percussionists
List of famous percussionists, with photos, bios, and other information when available. Who are the top percussionists in the world? This includes the most prominent percussionists, living and dead, both in America and abroad. This list of notable percussionists is ordered by their level of prominence, and can be sorted for various bits of information, such as where these historic percussionists were born and what their nationality is. The people on this list are from different countries, but what they all have in common is that they're all renowned percussionists.
List is made up of many different famous percussion players, including Frank Zappa and John Bonham.From reputable, prominent, and well known percussionists to the lesser known percussionists of today, these are some of the best professionals in the percussionist field. If you want to answer the questions, "Who are the most famous percussionists ever?" and "What are the names of famous percussionists?" then you're in the right place.
- Sir Richard Starkey (born 7 July 1940), known professionally as Ringo Starr, is an English musician, singer, songwriter and actor who gained worldwide fame as the drummer for the Beatles. He ...more
- Bernard "Buddy" Rich (September 30, 1917 – April 2, 1987) was an American jazz drummer and bandleader. He is considered one of the most influential drummers of all time and was known for his virtuoso ...more
- David Eric Grohl (born January 14, 1969) is an American singer, songwriter, musician and director. He is the founder, lead vocalist, rhythm guitarist and primary songwriter of the rock band Foo ...more
- Michael John Kells Fleetwood (born 24 June 1947) is a British musician and actor, best known as the drummer, co-founder, and de facto leader of the rock band Fleetwood Mac. Fleetwood, whose surname ...more
Charlie WattsCharles Robert Watts (2 June 1941 – 24 August 2021) was an English drummer, best known as a member of the Rolling Stones from 1963 until his death. Originally trained as a graphic artist, he started ...more
- Keith John Moon (23 August 1946 – 7 September 1978) was an English drummer for the rock band the Who. He was noted for his unique style and his eccentric, often self-destructive behaviour. His ...more